Is anyone going to be on island at the end of the year?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll restart this thread with an eye towards the end of 2019. My wife and I arrive on December 21st and fly out the 28th. Anyone planning trips for then and want to meet up for dives and/or social activities?
We’ll be on Coz again. I’ll toast a drink to you both...enjoy Bonaire!

late morning dive at Bari Reef and then lunch Between2Buns. It was a good plan.

Have done this exact itinerary numerous times myself....VERY SOLID plan!

Wife and I will be there Dec 16-31. We were actually going to stay at Bamboo Bali as well but ended up switching to Terramar Bonaire for the first week and All Seasons apartments for the rest. We would love to join you guys on some dives. We will definitely be doing an ostracod dive and maybe a few other night dives if anyone else is interested. It'll be our 1st time in Bonaire so looking forward to learning the ropes from people more experienced!

Wife and I will be there Dec 16-31. We were actually going to stay at Bamboo Bali as well but ended up switching to Terramar Bonaire for the first week and All Seasons apartments for the rest. We would love to join you guys on some dives. We will definitely be doing an ostracod dive and maybe a few other night dives if anyone else is interested. It'll be our 1st time in Bonaire so looking forward to learning the ropes from people more experienced!

Excellent. Well, we've only been there once, but would be happy to share the ropes we know. We'll be staying a bit north of town, in the Santa Barbara Crowns neighborhood, but Bonaire is not a big island and it's easy to traverse it. Let's touch base closer to our travel dates and figure out some details then.

Peter

My 17 yo son and I will be there Dec 28-Jan 5, 2019/2020. It's his first dive trip (16 dives total so far) and my 3rd time to Bonaire, so I'll be looking to keep it pretty lax and easy this time. My wife and I usually do the 22-26 dives per week, but if I can get him to do >15, I'll be happy.

What water temps have you guys experienced there around New Years? I've been there in early Dec (82-84 deg F) and Feb (76-78 deg F), so I'm interested in what the general trend has been.

What water temps have you guys experienced there around New Years? I've been there in early Dec (82-84 deg F) and Feb (76-78 deg F), so I'm interested in what the general trend has been.

Perhaps someone else will chime in with better data, as I didn't note temperature in my log book. My recollection is 78-80 F in late December last year. I'm of moderate cold resistance, and I know I wore my 2mm vest under my 3/2 full suit and was comfortable.

My friend (newbie diver that I haven't dove with yet), 17 year old son (Advanced open water with about 40+ dives mostly in Bonaire), my non diving wife and myself will be on Bonaire from 12/22 to 1/5. My son is only good for about 2 dives a day so I am always open to increasing my bottom time if others are wanting more dives. I am certainly interested in meeting up with other divers for meal, beer, or dives.

I will be there 12/27 - 1/3!! Meal, beer and dives are excellent excuse to make friends!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom