Is anyone going to be on island at the end of the year?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

darook

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My wife and I are returning for trip 11 on December 27th. We are actually heading to ATL on the 26th to avoid the 2 AM wakeup call. We are returning home to the frozen North on January 6.

We are staying at Bamboo Bali and getting our tanks from Wannadive. I plan to do a day or two on the east side which I have not done previously. Those will would be my only boat dives.

Chime in if you are going to be there at that time and maybe we can do a meet-up dive and lunch like a bunch of us did last December. It was a great time.

We'll be there from December 14 through January 6 for our 10th consecutive Christmas and New Year on the island. We're renting a home in Sabadeco Terrance and getting tanks from DFB's Hamlet shop.

No boat dives for us on Bonaire since 2003. Since then I've enjoyed almost 300 hours of self-guided shore diving on the island. Nothing against boat diving really. We just prefer to dive our own profiles at our own pace on our own schedule.

Another couple will be joining us for the first week. After they go home we'll be alternating between diving with local friends and pursuing our own fancy. When it's just the 2 of us my wife usually joins me for a morning dive and then I dive solo in the afternoons. If interested we can share WhatsApp contact info later when vacation time gets closer to see if our dive schedules match up.

I don’t boat dive there either as a rule. I was referring to the East Coast for some boat dives. I was just in Roatan which reminded me how much I don’t like it. On Bonaire, the truck is the boat. I love that.

Last edited:
Not this time! We were just back in Cozumel last week and tried staying at the Blue Angel. Liked it ok, but still on the hunt for a hotel there that I'm excited to go back to. Are you headed back over the holidays for your free nitrox and short boat rides to the dives sites?

Last minute decision and we’re going the end of Sept back to the Occ.....we also booked Cayman Brac for end of Jan with 21 friends!

Best to you both.

My wife and I are returning for trip 11 on December 27th. We are actually heading to ATL on the 26th to avoid the 2 AM wakeup call. We are returning home to the frozen North on January 6.

We are staying at Bamboo Bali and getting our tanks from Wannadive. I plan to do a day or two on the east side which I have not done previously. Those will would be my only boat dives.

Chime in if you are going to be there at that time and maybe we can do a meet-up dive and lunch like a bunch of us did last December. It was a great time.

My wife and I will be staying on the west side from December 7 thru Dec 15. She "only" snorkels, so I am looking for a good dive buddy and to make new diving friends. Worked out great for me in Fiji last January. Would like to meet up.

Time to bump this bad boy back up. 41 days until I get back on the island. I arrive on December 27th and leave January 6th. If you are going to be there and want to connect for a dive or 5 chime in. Last year a bunch of us met up for a late morning dive at Bari Reef and then lunch Between2Buns. It was a good plan.

Back
Top Bottom