is adding a strobe possible?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
ok so i got the g11 have taken some killer pics for a rookie, now im thinking "strobe"since i opted for the canon housing im wondering if its still posible to use a strobe ?

Marco,
You can add an optically fired strobe to your camera. I put my old strobe on Sandi's G11, all you need to do is get the strobe and the fiber optics cable (or slave unit) and a tray with arm for the strobe. Check around on E-bay. I got the one she's using for a pretty good deal.

ok would love to see what hers looks like now , was talking to someone else and they said i would need to get an after market harness which holds the fiber optics in place im not sure about all that stuff just know i want to add a strobe.

Perhaps the "new" strobe purchasers like the Inon, but many, many Ikelite users are still using Ike. :D

The DS160 with the Manual Controller is a great option AFAIH. My SS200, purchased in '01, with the Slave Sensor, purchased in '02, only requires the housing's flash diffuser be covered by a reflector (AL foil or drink can). :coffee:

Can the G11 pre-flash be disabled to just fire a slave signal? If so it could screw right on to the tray shown below and strobe away. :idk:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom