Is a USB Cable for PP2 & V180 Worth it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I originally purchased a Pro Plus 2 due to the large display. When I purchased the cable to download, I found that I had to hold it in place due to the lack of any kind of positive clip or interlock. I talked to an Oceanic Rep at a dive show about the problem and told there was no fix. That was three years ago and to date the Pro Plus 2 has the same problem.

The software originally was compatible with Microsoft Access but the next version was not. I have downloaded every version since and never have been satisfied with it.

When I purchased a new dive computer I stayed away from Oceanic due to there lack of concern to the original cable problem.

I would think they would want to keep customers in todayÃÔ market happy and fix some of the old problems. But that seems not to be the case. The data mask screw failures are another good example of poor engineering.

I also use a Pro Plus 2 and I will say that the connector is not the best. I just hold it in my hand long enough to download to Oceanlog. (Its the price you pay if you want the information) That is the only thing I use Oceanlog for. Once I have downloaded it, like deepstops, I just export it to a similar application called diving log. It is essentially the same (appears to have all of the same functionality) as Scubase. I like the presence of Divng Log a little better and it appears as though you can download directly from Uwatec and several other computers as well, but the UI is configurable in Scubase. Don't think you will go wrong with either one.

Back
Top Bottom