Is a semi-dry Wetsuit even worth the extra $?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Drysuit all the way. Why buy a suit where you still have the maintenance cost of a dry zipper and still get wet. In the end bet you'll be a lot happier

Thanks for all the great info everyone! You made my decision a lot easier I think what I'll probably do is get a wetsuit that is not overly expensive for the warmer summer days and save my money to get a drysuit later on. I was so focused on being warm in the water I never thought about the fact I'd freeze on the boat with a semi-dry during those colder days! Thanks again!

Just my 2c worth. I have only been diving a year and started in a semi dry. I have dived in 9 degrees to 18 degrees in it and found it a lot warmer than the standard wetsuit I trained in. Did a dive in the wetsuit in 13 degrees and needed polyprops under my hooded vest under the wetsuit, in the semi dry, no polyprops. The water trapped in the suit stays warm (you can tell when you open the foot seal after diving and warm water comes out over your feet) but I have decided to go dry suit as I hate being wet after a dive and having to get changed in the wind after a dive.

Back
Top Bottom