Is a CO2 tank the same as a SCUBA tank?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HI!

Well, inflating tires is one use, sure. But other uses include things like pumping up air beds, a Zodiac or other inflatable boat or canoe, running air-powered tools, and pretty much anything else you might need to do while being "off grid" for 2 or 3 weeks at a time.

how is the little piggy? :D

I have three of them, all living in the back of my off-road trailer - until I decide what to do with them.

HI!

Well, inflating tires is one use, sure. But other uses include things like pumping up air beds, a Zodiac or other inflatable boat or canoe, running air-powered tools, and pretty much anything else you might need to do while being "off grid" for 2 or 3 weeks at a time.

I see a small gas powered compressor in your future. :D

Well, the point of the CO2 bottle route is to avoid getting a gas powered compressor.

OK, well I'm stumped, but I bet Captain or Pescador775 could give you some good ideas.

Good luck and keep us posted.

c

Well, from everything I've gathered here - I think my dream of using a standard SCUBA tank that I could use use to go diving with is probably not the way to go. There doesn't seem to be a significant cost or convenience to be gained, over just using a standard CO2 tank that I can't go diving with. So, I suspect that whenever I get around to outfitting the off-road adventure SCUBA support trailer that I am now building with some kind of air capability, I'll just get a standard CO2 tank and CO2 tank regulator and call it good.

It's not my biggest priority of course - I'm just thinking ahead a bit. Right now I have to finish the stupid trailer (supposed to be a 2 month project, now at one year) and get it functional. That should be some time this month!!!! Just have to finish painting the doors and front side panels and get them installed, install the fenders and wire up the brakes - then I have something I can tow at least. After that I will do some enhancements, such as make some table legs and mount for the removable shelf, so it can be used as a table top, put in some mount points for tent poles so I have some awning capability, outfit the "kitchen" side cabinet and some other stuff to make it usable as intended. Then I can worry about extras, like on-board air of some kind, acquiring a generator and other kinds of things :)

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 82
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom