Is a Back Plate w/ Wing really cheaper?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you are having problems with the gear remove and replace, I'd suggest it's possible that your shoulder straps are tighter than they need to be. I find it MUCH easier to get in and out of my harnesses than I do the stupid, complicated, cummerbund-ridden BC I use with OW students :)

..... adding longer inflator hoses to Wing, ..
-dp

This part I don't understand. I have tried many wings, none has too short of inflator hose. Quite a few are too long. If you are in trim, anything longer than 13-14" will dangle. You really don't need anything longer unless you are using air2, but you air2 will dangle big time

If you are having problems with the gear remove and replace, I'd suggest it's possible that your shoulder straps are tighter than they need to be. I find it MUCH easier to get in and out of my harnesses than I do the stupid, complicated, cummerbund-ridden BC I use with OW students :)

Totally agree.

---------- Post added May 9th, 2015 at 01:08 PM ----------

This part I don't understand. I have tried many wings, none has too short of inflator hose. Quite a few are too long. If you are in trim, anything longer than 13-14" will dangle. You really don't need anything longer unless you are using air2, but you air2 will dangle big time

I was wondering about this too. I bet he has a way-too-long LP inflator hose (as is often the case), and rather than get a shorter LP inflator hose to match the shorter corrugated hose, he put a longer corrugated hose on the wing. To me the shorter corrugated hose is much nicer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom