IQ-950 violation in each of seven dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Delhi Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi, I did a series of seven dives last week with my Zen IQ-950 (not using air integration) and got a violation at the start of each dive saying zero dive time remaining. The computer registered depth and temperature fine, but displayed VIO mode on each dive.

I had wet activation off and activated it at about 1-2m depth on the first dive. TRT was on at the time (without a transmitter attached to the air supply) so in theory that could have caused the initial alarm. I subsequently changed the setting to TRT off but it continued to give a violation at the start of each dive. I took out and reinstalled the battery in between but that had no effect either.

Would very much appreciate any suggestions. The firmware is 1C. I live in India so it is hard to send it in for servicing!

First the TNT was not the problem. Read page 11 of your manual along with the rest of the manual. Also if your computer is in violation mode do not continue to use it. And you should post the download of you dives as well.

Also DIVNAv has a course for the computer www.divecomputertraining.com

I know some of Tusa's dive computers were made by Seiko. I had the Dive Rite Nitek Trio, also made by Seiko, and both units (the original and the warranty replacement) have had problems. Seiko no longer makes dive computers according to Dive Rite.

I know some of Tusa's dive computers were made by Seiko. I had the Dive Rite Nitek Trio, also made by Seiko, and both units (the original and the warranty replacement) have had problems. Seiko no longer makes dive computers according to Dive Rite.

All there current ones are made by oceanic.

How do I post the download of my dives? I have a Mac btw.

You need to borrow somebody's windows computer or get bootcamp or parallels and install windows 95-XP on it. Also I hear MACdive is pretty good.

Hi, I did a series of seven dives last week with my Zen IQ-950 (not using air integration) and got a violation at the start of each dive saying zero dive time remaining. The computer registered depth and temperature fine, but displayed VIO mode on each dive.

It's extremely unlikely that your computer is broken.

It's much more likely that you exceeded it's no-decompression limit and ascended without doing the required decompression stops.

Download your dives and you'll almost certainly see what you did.

flots.

It's extremely unlikely that your computer is broken.

It's much more likely that you exceeded it's no-decompression limit and ascended without doing the required decompression stops.

Download your dives and you'll almost certainly see what you did.

flots.

He had it set for manual activation and started underwater. It did calibrate for the surface. It was looking for 1 atmosphere or less pressure but found 1+ atmosphere and it violation. This is on page 11 of the manual.

NCadiver, your argument sounds reasonable - p11 does say that the mode has to be activated at the surface prior to the dive. I guess I was surprised that it went into violation mode but perhaps I should not be.

I did download the dives in Mac Dive and they show nothing unusual. There are no alerts or warnings (I exported the dives in CSV and PDF format) evident. The temperature measurement is a bit off on several dives (showing 15 and 18 degrees C which is clearly not the case since the dives were conducted in minimum 26 degrees C water) and it does not appear to be taking any air temperature readings, but the depth and time measurements seem fine.

So perhaps it is as you suggest -- an initial violation carried over into subsequent dives. Would be a great relief to not have to send the computer in for servicing. Of course I will take my old computer as a backup next time I go diving just in case!

He had it set for manual activation and started underwater. It did calibrate for the surface. It was looking for 1 atmosphere or less pressure but found 1+ atmosphere and it violation. This is on page 11 of the manual.

P 11 doesn't say anything about bending the computer if not turned on, on the surface.

I'm still voting for "the computer is fine, and the user exceeded the no deco limits"

flots

P 11
"OPERATING MODE STRUCTUREUnless it is operating in Dive Computer mode, the ZEN AIR will
be ON in the default WATCH MAIN TIME (home time) mode
(Fig. 1), like a standard WATCH, until the Mode is changed.
The M button is used to access 4 other Modes that include Alter
-
nate Time Mode, Countdown Timer, Chronograph (stop watch/
lap timer), and Daily Alarm. It is also used to revert to the Local
Default Time display and access Computer Modes.
The screens of the Main Modes and Sub Modes will remain
on display until a button is pressed to access another screen
or Mode, activate a sequence, or for 2 minutes if no button is
pressed. The Chronograph remains on display as long as it is
running unless another Mode is accessed.
When Wet Activation is set On, the ZEN AIR will enter selected
Dive Mode upon descent to 5 FT (feet)/1.5 M (meters) for 5
seconds, regardless of what operating mode it is in.

WARNING: When Wet Activation is set OFF, the

ZEN AIR must be in Dive Surface Mode (NORM,

GAUG, or FREE) prior to the first dive of a new

series. Commencing a dive while in Watch

modes will not activate Dive Mode unless Wet

Activation is set ON.

"

P 11 doesn't say anything about bending the computer if not turned on, on the surface.

I'm still voting for "the computer is fine, and the user exceeded the no deco limits"

flots

Flots am,

As I mentioned in my original post I got the violation at the start of every dive, and that includes the first dive, so it is unlikely that I had a no decompression limits violation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom