iPod housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jonenglishlee

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have done some research on underwater ipod housings and found no conclusive evidence that one exists for scuba diving. Does anyone have a housing (made or purchased) that can actually go to depth and be used for decompression stops? I just get bored sometimes and it would be nice.

If you get that bored during deco stops or diving for that matter...I just don't know what to say...

You are probably out of luck regarding an ipod, but iRiver makes a housing with headphones that mount on your mask strap for their 700 series MP3 players. it is good to to 300'.

I bought one new with player for $125.00 on e-bay.

You are probably out of luck regarding an ipod, but iRiver makes a housing with headphones that mount on your mask strap for their 700 series MP3 players. it is good to to 300'.

Have you actually been able to put it to use? I have heard various things about it. I would love to have a reliable mp3 player for diving. Have researched it quite a bit and have been sold on absolutely no product out there.

I love to dive but I must admit blowing bubble rings on those deco stops doesnt keep me from getting bored for very long.

If you get that bored during deco stops or diving for that matter...I just don't know what to say...

I get what you're saying, but I'm curious how much time you've spent hovering in 40 degree pea soup in the Great Lakes at the end of a dive? :D

I get what you're saying, but I'm curious how much time you've spent hovering in 40 degree pea soup in the Great Lakes at the end of a dive? :D

Exactly. Low vis bordom is worst.

I dunno, there's enough sensory deprivation underwater as it is... I would think that an mp3 player would add to the danger.

I've got a snowboard jacket that has iPod controls on the sleeve. Now if someone could do that on a drysuit, that'd be cool. :14:

I haven't hovered in 40 degree water...but I have spend lots of time hovering in the 4 foot vis pea soup green glory that is Millbrook quarry.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom