IPhone or BB Bold

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a BlackBerry and an extra memory card (microSD) for it (8gb for $12). All other features being equal, I do see more apps for the iPhone, but one thing you can't do with your iPhone is go to another carrier...

Ken

one more thing... Scubaboard Mobile kinda sucks on the Blackberry.

the threads won't 'refresh' after you post. you have to go back and go through menu's to manually refresh the threads. this only appears to happen on the Blackberry and on Scubaboard as it works on other forums....

so they have some weird setting in the vBulletion software here and haven't gotten it fixed....

WOW!! thanks a bunch for the info.

I am on the road a good bit so i use the browser a lot...ebay,facebook,etc .

As for memory i saw the 8g for $179 and the 16g for $279 at wal-mart this past weekend. For those of you with the Iphone,is it worth the extra $100 to double the memory? How much space do those apps take in general?

After some thought i really think i am gonna go with the Iphone:D

Opie,

For the apps you mention above, you'll find that you don't even use the browser for them. They both have native iphone apps that are "optimized" for use on the iphone. As far as the memory goes, Apps are small. If you add every contact you know, still small, if you take an average amount of pictures and clear them out occasionally, if you want to put 100-250 songs on there, you'd be fine with the 8GB.

If you want to put multiple movies, want a million songs, or plan to jailbreak it so that you can use the camera to take full movies (instead of just pictures) you may consider the 16.

Also note that's there a new OS version due out mid summer that has some of the features that have been lacking.

Good luck.

Opie,

Also note that's there a new OS version due out mid summer that has some of the features that have been lacking.

Good luck.

Is this gona be a downloadable update or a new phone? For the biggest reason i have held off on the Iphone is no pictures in text messages.

I am currently using a blackjack and it is junk. Good to know about the ebay,facebook think:D

one more thing... Scubaboard Mobile kinda sucks on the Blackberry.

the threads won't 'refresh' after you post. you have to go back and go through menu's to manually refresh the threads. this only appears to happen on the Blackberry and on Scubaboard as it works on other forums....

so they have some weird setting in the vBulletion software here and haven't gotten it fixed....
Press the "r" key to refresh any page you're on, no need to step through the menu.

:D

I could not function without my iPhone. I hear a lot about the battery, but I never carried my extra battery on any other phone that I have had. The only way you are going to have a problem with memory is if you try keep a lot of movies on your iPhone. Is it perfect? Nope, There's always something that can be improved. Rumors are that a new version is coming out in June. The 3.0 software and a better camera and video. The biggest downside is AT&T. Verizon's network is a lot better around my area. I doubt Apple will come out with a CDMA version since Verizon will be rolling out their LTE network in 2010.

I think you will like the iPhone. The only problem is now I have a Macbook Pro and an iMac. Dang that Apple.... :crafty:

thanks!

what do you do to get the keyboard up to press the R in "browser mode" without it going to "Goto (web address)" mode?
Hmmmmm..

Not sure, I have the kind with the keyboard..

I'll bet it has a programmable feature that lets you pick what happens when you go diagonally across the screen with your finger though. (palm and some other touch screen had it anyhow). Or maybe a programmable key or spot on the screen?

Thanks TC.

seeing how SB is the only site I have this problem with.... sure wish they'd fix it.... (oh well....)

We hear lots of our friends say "I sure wish I'd purchased the iPhone" who now have BB's, and yet to hear a single iPhone friend say, "I sure wish I'd purchased a BB" not sure that helps. We are both over 50, pretty computer savvy/dependent, both with iPhones, and love them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom