IP problem with brand new Poseidon Xstream

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@phoque what's weird is that the manual calls for either an 011 or an 012 o-ring which is strange. Calls 011 for O2 use and 012 for regular, but I don't have the newest manuals in front of me. I'd much rather use 012 o-rings though. 011 is the low pressure hose size and is often a 75duro o-ring so you'll want the 012's which are a touch thicker and make sure it's 90 duro.
The one you linked is correct, however you can get them in bulk from Amazon or McMaster for much less money. Good to keep around for HP port plugs and HP hoses.

Manual calls for you to put the o-ring on the filter, lightly lubed. Put the din screw on and I usually hold the din assembly vertically and screw the body down onto it until it is finger tight and the o-ring seats properly.

0011-277 O-ring Viton (Duration90)
0013-165 O-ring (Deep90 EAN40)
0012-132 O-ring (Deep90/Dive90, in the latest manual . . .

0011-277 O-ring Viton (Duration90)
0013-165 O-ring (Deep90 EAN40)
0012-132 O-ring (Deep90/Dive90, in the latest manual . . .
On the diagram, the -132 is listed as a -354 on the picture, but a -132 in the tabular list. Do you have a kit handy to check which ring is actually supplied?

In the 4822 kit, it is 0012-132

In the 4822 kit, it is 0012-132
Yes that's what I had seen, but googling this part yielded very few results, so that's why I was wondering if there was a generic one from DGX or else I could use.

Anyhow, thanks everyone for your help and input which allowed me to solve this little problem at only the cost of mild inconvenience (and a little sponsoring of the Thai economy)! Also, seems like the way you all describe proper installation is exactly what I did, minus the lubrication part (since I didn't have lubricant on hand and wasn't sure this was called for there), so lucky I guess!

Man, without you guys my reg would probably be on its way to Estonia, or already enjoying another visit to Scandinavia. That's so unfair, why does my reg get to go on so many adventures and travels when I can't... Fortunately, you guys helped me put an end to this great injustice :) This first stage has already seen so much land despite a dive count of 1.
Can't wait to take this on its second dive and find out what other nice surprises it has in store for me.

You maybe had a bad ring, or perhaps it was slightly off center when originally installed.
You are probably right that the o-ring must have been slightly off-center when first installed, as the side groove resulting from the flattening against the first stage boss is only running on one side and not all the way around as I imagine it should.
Thanks much for the help and suggestions!

The MK3 first stages are nice. Poseidon went from metric o-rings to standard o-rings, but they also changed their part numbers to call out which size oring it is which is quite nice of them.
On the offset thing, it is possible they used an 011 o-ring which may have had a bit of wiggle room and wasn't put on perfectly straight but the 012 should be a reasonably snug fit.

Just to let everyone know we have both old and new part numbers in some cases of o-rings used for Poseidon gear and soon we will have big availability of parts for this brand O-Rings and Kits for Poseidon Archives - Premium O-rings Provider for Scuba Diving

So, after-market parts and -- judging from your site -- service kits for Poseidon regulators? Will that or will it not void any potential warranty on their products? I recall, that at the last seminar that I attended, in 2018, we were told that Poseidon was even queasy over the use of some external accessories, such as those manufactured by Omni-Swivel, XS, and others . . .

Attachments

• Pos-service-kit-4822-scaled-e1587812033455.jpg
    Pos-service-kit-4822-scaled-e1587812033455.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 69
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom