IP/HF port on bottom of mk25?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As it's already been said, I just like the hose routing on that port for my long hose. Though for me it's on a Hog D1.

I had an MK20 and now a BP2 for a pony bottle and in that use the port doesn't route cleanly.

Which one does not route cleanly?

I have never held a BP2 in my hands but it seems like it kind of matches the MK20. Is it different?

(I am really hyped about the new d3, which seems to copy the style of the piston turret, but is still a diaphragm:
HOG Gear D3 First Stage - Dive Right In Scuba - Plainfield, IL

But if it does not route cleanly, then...)

I think he means he wouldn't route his LP hose for his pony bottle from the 5th port, which I would agree with. I don't run my deco regs that way, either.

The 5th port has been covered for sidemount earlier in the thread.

For backmount doubles:
right post - 5th port has my inflator hose
left post - 5th port has my backup reg

Correct. My "pony" is an AL40 and it is rigged like a deco bottle. Hog BP2 turned sideways with a 40" hose attached to one of the side ports on the turret. 6" SPG pointed down instead of lollipoped. I did it the same way with the MK20 before.

Correct. My "pony" is an AL40 and it is rigged like a deco bottle. Hog BP2 turned sideways with a 40" hose attached to one of the side ports on the turret. 6" SPG pointed down instead of lollipoped. I did it the same way with the MK20 before.

SInce I have only used the Apeks DST, which seems to be exactly the same as a D2, for this, I am wondering does the longer lever arm (for lack of a better word) of the longer body of the BP2, ever make the turret move around?

I like the way the Apeks sits, but I don't like the fact the turret will not clear the DIN wheel, which is apparently part of what the D3 is designed to solve.

I tried my D1 on the AL40. The length of the body and more importantly the location of the DIN connection placed the turret in a position where it could not rotate 360 degrees. My BP2 sits further to the side exposing the tank valve even better and positioning the turret so that it can fully rotate.

I think that was your question.

The D3 looks nice but for me it's a solution to a problem I don't have. I don't want a diaphragm reg for my stage bottle. I only want piston. For my primary tank I like diaphragm. Maybe people will upgrade and I'll pick some D1's up on the cheap.

Dive Gear Express configured my new HOG rig with the LP inflator on that central port. The primary and alternate hoses are on side ports. It seemed weird to me, so I changed the LP inflator to another side port. However, what you describe--putting the long hose on the central port--makes a LOT of sense to me, as I found my (5-foot) long hose routing to be uncomfortable. The way it's set up now, when I have donned my gear, the long (primary) hose and short (alternate) hoses tend to interfere or rub against each other.

Did you contact them and ask why? Maybe they recommend mounting the regulator horizontally on the tank rather than vertically. Some people recommend this setup because the diaphragm is not in as exposed as it is in a horizontal position.

Did you contact them and ask why? Maybe they recommend mounting the regulator horizontally on the tank rather than vertically. Some people recommend this setup because the diaphragm is not in as exposed as it is in a horizontal position.

I normally would have done exactly that, but I'm going to ask my GUE instructor what he recommends and go from there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom