Question IP gauge and hose wrench?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the majority are up to 300 psi I think I can find one up to 200 bar with some searching.
You DO NOT want 200 bar. That is way too high to check intermediate pressure. A 300 (about 20 BAR) psi gauge is most accurate at mid pressure which is what you want.

Sorry, I'm not familiar with Xdeep. Zen has managed to elude me thus far. ;-)

Time for you to sign up for @rsingler next course. :-D

You DO NOT want 200 bar. That is way too high to check intermediate pressure. A 300 (about 20 BAR) psi gauge is most accurate at mid pressure which is what you want.

Sorry, I'm not familiar with Xdeep. Zen has managed to elude me thus far. ;-)

Time for you to sign up for @rsingler next course. :-D

You are right ai was thinking about tank pressure not the IP from the first stage! Sheesh!

Are the classes online?

Hey Folks,
Someone I know is in California right now and I want to take the opportunity to buy a regulator IP check guage to bring back to me. It’s not available in my country. I see this Northeast supply IP Guage and this other one seems to be an inline checker more oriented towards regulator maintenance technicians Dive Gear Inline IP checker . Which one should I get?
Also someone please recommend a good soft thin jaw adjustable wrench usable with proprietary Scubapro and other brand regulators. Heck even that generic tool is not available in my country - not online at least! I want to be able to change hoses on my own.
Would this serve as a universal tool for changing hoses? Scubatools wrench

I will be deciding on either an Apeks or Scubapro reg set next week (awaiting invoice/quotation) hence I need a tool usable with both.

Thanks
I just bought an Apeks regulator set after getting a tax refund. Although I forgot to purchase the Intermediate Pressure gauge which is a good idea if you live a long way from a dive shop.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom