Investing in a dive boat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CAPTAIN SINBAD

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Guys! I have a friend who is moving from overseas on investment visa. A very committed diver and instructor. He is interested in investing in a dive boat operation in Florida as he would like to run his own boat. He asked me if I could find a Captain down there with whom he could partner up for a possible business opportunity.

I have some more details which I’d like to discuss with serious individuals. If you are curious then send me a pm.

Is it Chris Brown (Silent World) looking to make another try?

Is this an EB-5 investment?

He’s a high net worth individual living in a country that could repatriate all his wealth looking to move to a country with stronger property right laws at the expense of starting up a revenue losing operation. Cost of realizing economic gains.

He’s a high net worth individual living in a country that could repatriate all his wealth looking to move to a country with stronger property right laws at the expense of starting up a revenue losing operation. Cost of realizing economic gains.

So essentially he wants to move somewhere where he can keep his money so that he can slowly lose it on his terms. But hey, at least he'll get to enjoy some nice diving while pissing it away.

If I were a wealthy national of any unstable or authoritarian country, you bet I’d be looking to obtain residency and citizenship in Canada, the US, the UK, or any western EU country and bring my money, my spouse, and my children with me ASAP. What’s a quarter million dollars to somebody worth several millions?

If I were a wealthy national of any unstable or authoritarian country, you bet I’d be looking to obtain residency and citizenship in Canada, the US, the UK, or any western EU country and bring my money, my spouse, and my children with me ASAP. What’s a quarter million dollars to somebody worth several millions?

I get it. Just being facetious. If it were me looking for a US investment visa, I'd probably pick something that might actually have a chance to make money. But hey, that's just me. Once this guy relocates to Florida and buys his charter boat, I'd be glad to help him lose some of his money.

Is Conch Republic Divers still for sale? He could have a turn key operation with 2 boats and a good reputation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom