Invasion date getting closer - what's everybody buying to get ready?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jeebus!! Same question goes to you!! It's definately all worth it, though!! I have a new laptop coming soon too... but next semester's student loans will be handling that![/QUOTE]

Hell ya it's worth it!!!! Gotta have some toys!!!:D Just wait till you get out of school and can buy what the hell you want!! Toys, toys and more toys!

Do you still want to do the cenotes? I'll try anything once. Gotta live life on the edge.:D

Hell ya it's worth it!!!! Gotta have some toys!!!:D Just wait till you get out of school and can buy what the hell you want!! Toys, toys and more toys!

Do you still want to do the cenotes? I'll try anything once. Gotta live life on the edge.:D

You bet your ass I do!! lol. There's no way I can travel all these thousands of miles without doing a cenote tour!! Especially since I have a camera now!! I actually e-mailed a dive shop earlier this evening to see if it was possible to do a 2-tank cenote dive in the morning and a dive with bull sharks in the afternoon. I dove with the sharks in November and I really want to go back to snap some photos... and be surrounded by 'man-eaters'. Being surrounded by 15+ bulls at once (with some so close they are LITERALLY touching you), had to be the most surreal moment of my life. If you're down for sharks too, I'll let you know what they say when I hear back from them!!

Edit: I guess I should add that I thought the sharks were there only around the winter, but some shops didn't list a date range, so I figured I'd ask... but I'm not getting my hopes way up (well, actually I really am, but I'm prepared to be let down).

Sharks? Hell ya!!!!! That is if you don't mind a 5'4" 125# woman stuck to you like glue!:D I guess I will have to pack my wetsuit now. I was there last May and dove only a rash guard. Water was excellent, even on night dive..... I have a Sealife dc1000. Trying to learn how to use the damn thing.

I want to go upstairs and freaking pack now.:D

Sadly, they haven't seen the sharks in the last 3 weeks - they have migrated someplace else. The dive op said the bulls don't like the warmer water temps, which is why they're there only in the winter. ... but given your previous statement, I may have to bring some fake sharks with me, hahaha!

Decided against pink speedos huh?

Ut oh, update:

new smb, thigh pocket, cam band trim pockets, slate, bolt snaps, cave line, shock cord, 2 new speedo 'jammers', and flip flops. Now I'm done... I hope, because my pockets are nearly empty!

I think the chocolate mint one is the only one I haven't tried, that will change the next time I'm in the store!!

Man, I feel like I'm neglecting my CC for this trip, all we bought were new T-Shirts so we can be recognized at the airport!

(So, I notice that nobody's countdown timers are working and Roxanne and Card have removed them from their sigs. Safe to assume
they won't work anymore with the updated forum software?)

Last edited:
Alright it's game time, now I'm really ready!!!!

Attachments

• mankini.jpg
    mankini.jpg
    271.3 KB · Views: 160
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom