Invasion Central

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you hide your laptop under your mattress, don't forget (tequila) before you jump into bed. :laughing:

Also, if you are drinking tequila, keep a note pad and pen next to your bed. Be sure to write down the name of the person you are with. You won't remember in the morning. :D

How has nobody commented on this great advice?? I'll try to remember. Key word: try.

Today must be packing day :D

I retied a few bolt snaps, replaced some batteries, found spare stuff I bring in its clever hiding spot, and pulled luggage out this morning. I just noticed my scuba bag was torn somewhere between Malaysia and Texas last fall. Costco refunded it with no receipt to store credit at least...had to go there anyway. Pretty cool of them!

Aside from some odds and ends, we are ready to go!

I used to work at a Costco as a butcher back in the day. They will refund/replace ANYTHING. Once a customer bought ground beef from us, froze it for 9 months, made burgers with it, and brought half the burgers back - cooked. Reason for the return written on the label - meat was freezer-burnt. LOL. I also used to upgrade my laptops and ipods yearly but they caught on to that and put a stop to it lol..

Anyway, just got back from a friends cottage, went for a dive in the surprisingly warm lake to sort out weighting in the 3mm I'm bringing. It was a fantastic dive, I had a couple stare downs with some humongous smallys (one of which I later caught and ate - scouting mission accomplished haha) and chased some pike around the weeds (we couldn't catch them after for the life of us though).

Packing tonight, tying up any loose ends tomorrow, and flying out Tuesday early am! So stoked! I'll be the dude in the backwards bluejays cap, see you all there!!

To help everyone stay informed... :)

Everyone should have their Travel documents from
Bay Adventures. Double check to make sure everything is correct and if you signed up for an excursion that it was included with your documents.

Links to additional Invasion Threads

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/in...sion-2012-travel-diving-tips.html#post6349146
Don't forget to download and fill out the waiver from Dive Paradise
among other tips.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/in...group-rosters-boat-rotations.html#post6380513
* Boat Group Roster and Group Rotations *

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/in...79-2012-invader-flight-crews.html#post6349176
Add your info if you like and get together with other Invaders on your flight.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/invade-cozumel-2012/421237-2nd-annual-invasion-2012-chick-dive.html
Any Gals up for a 1 tank chick dive?

And info on
Excursion Who's Going List
If you would like to join, there's still room. Contact Bay Adventures.

Whaleshark Excursion - 10 (Don't forget your snorkels and shorties)
Cardzard, Roxanne, ScubaDad & Tamsey, Insta-gator & Cindy, Pan Siren, TomZ & RebeccaZ, MNJoe

Cenotes Excursion - 11 (Don't forget your wetsuits or you can rent them)
KSS1DVR, James R & Janet, cbrich, JODYLYNN007, Mango_Mango, gr8fuldiver, sea horse diver, stwill, NW_DiverDude,b kbomb123

We will be having this photo contest at the Invasion.
THE UNDERWATER CRITTER SCAVENGER HUNT
(30 critters this year)
This contest will be happening again this year!
Remember you need a thumb drive, spare card or blank cd
to submit the critters pictures you found for validation.

Hotel Info

Meal Times
Breakfast 6:30 - 10:30 AM
Lunch 12:00 - 4:00 PM
Dinner 6:30 - 10:30 PM
Snack Bar 11:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Bar
Pool Bar 11:00 PM
Lobby Bar 2:00 AM

:party: Welcome Cocktail Party :party:
Saturday, June 30th 8:00 PM
In the Convention Room

:hb2: Birthday Dinner Party :hb2:
Thursday, July 5th 6:30 PM
In the Convention Room

:cool2::cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2::cool2:
I also want to remind everyone on
the importance of getting Hydrated before
and
staying Hydrated during the Invasion.
(beer doesn't count)
It will be very hot down in Mexico especially for the northern folks.

:cool2::cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2::cool2:

One bag down, now it's time to pack my carry on, with camera, strobes, 1 regulator set, computer, and make sure their is enough room for my laptop. Wetsuits take up too much room.

Darn, I'm tired. Been playing around with packing and repacking all day long. Finally, I think I'm ok with everything. Gonna leave the 1986 Scubapro Mk10/G250 I bought at an estate sale at home. I was gonna bring a full 3mm and a shorty, but gonna leave the shorty at home. I need the 3mm for my cavern class, and I should be ok using it in Cozumel. Still my check in bag is gonna be at 46/47ish lbs. Then I'll bring a carry on, a back pack and a cpap machine on the plane. One of these days I would really like to do this trip with only on epiece of luggage.

Darn, I'm tired. Been playing around with packing and repacking all day long. Finally, I think I'm ok with everything. Gonna leave the 1986 Scubapro Mk10/G250 I bought at an estate sale at home. I was gonna bring a full 3mm and a shorty, but gonna leave the shorty at home. I need the 3mm for my cavern class, and I should be ok using it in Cozumel. Still my check in bag is gonna be at 46/47ish lbs. Then I'll bring a carry on, a back pack and a cpap machine on the plane. One of these days I would really like to do this trip with only on epiece of luggage.

Maybe 1 piece of luggage when you quit diving and just want to lay on the beach. :rofl3:

I really hate places that have a dress code - it's throwing a big wrench into my plan of packing 'light'!! Oh-well, gotta make momma-dukes happy :D

For some of the restaurants at the Occidental, and whatever else she finds for me, lol. She hates how I look, so she'll do anything she can to get me looking nice, even if it's only for an hour! Grrrrrrrrr!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom