Invasion Central

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think my carry-on might be as heavy as my bag with my scuba gear :shakehead:. I am still waiting for my light to arrive from getting worked on.

Does anybody know the requirements for carrying batteries on the plane? Last time I had them in my carry-on in a plastic bag.

I think my carry-on might be as heavy as my bag with my scuba gear :shakehead:. I am still waiting for my light to arrive from getting worked on.

Does anybody know the requirements for carrying batteries on the plane? Last time I had them in my carry-on in a plastic bag.

Most of my gear is STUFFED into my carry on! 6lb BP, reel, 6 lights, regs, shorty, etc. and all camera gear in my backpack! **** my clothes, I plan on being in the water an hour after I arrive - wit no otha than my brotha DIVERG :D :D :D

REMINDER: If you take your gear on the plane, make sure to take off/out all cutting devices!!!! Also, no wrenches, hex keys, etc.

With batteries, I believe regular batteries go checked, rechargeables as carry on. DON'T TAKE MY WORD FOR IT!!! CHECK YOUR AIRLINE'S POLICY!!!! I went to the bar, so I'll probably forget to do this in the next 2 hours - but as of now, my standard batteries are in my checked luggage. LONG story short, I almost had a LOT of batteries confiscated from my carry on last year.

IT'S ALMOST TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most of my gear is STUFFED into my carry on! 6lb BP, reel, 6 lights, regs, shorty, etc. and all camera gear in my backpack! **** my clothes, I plan on being in the water an hour after I arrive - wit no otha than my brotha DIVERG :D :D :D

REMINDER: If you take your gear on the plane, make sure to take off/out all cutting devices!!!! Also, no wrenches, hex keys, etc.

With batteries, I believe regular batteries go checked, rechargeables as carry on. DON'T TAKE MY WORD FOR IT!!! CHECK YOUR AIRLINE'S POLICY!!!! I went to the bar, so I'll probably forget to do this in the next 2 hours - but as of now, my standard batteries are in my checked luggage. LONG story short, I almost had a LOT of batteries confiscated from my carry on last year.

I was searching TSA about the batteries, and came across an iPhone App called My TSA. This app will tell you what you can, and can not bring, ie Alkaline & rechargeable batteries are allowed as Carry-on/Checked, Lithium Ion Batteries are allowed as Carry-on ONLY, C4 & Fireworks are not allowed at all, :rofl3:.

Only 4 days of work for me until vacation starts. :D

On my way to the airport!!

Travel safe and we'll see you down there!

---------- Post Merged at 07:01 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:55 AM ----------

This is a great reminder to check with YOUR airlines for their rules. You might want to go back over the 1st page in http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/invade-cozumel-2012/420876-invasion-2012-travel-diving-tips.html Thread.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom