Introducing our new Cruise Forum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just booked a Princess cruise in two weeks, April 3(Cheap!!!!), to Grand Cayman, Roatan, Cozumel and, of course, Princess Cays. Princess offers diving at each (using Don Foster's at GC). Debating whether to go with the ship's offerings or seek out my own. Ship looks expensive. Anybody have any tips or suggestions?

The people, shop and boat at Don Foster were very nice, but they took us to what seemed like a dead area of the reef probably because we had a lot of newbies with us that didn't have good bouyancy control. Next time I hope to book privately. I thought the ship would take us to the dive shop in a van, but it turned out to be a pretty long walk with our gear around the waterfront. I recommend a rolling gear bag.

Hi Natasha!

Have you been to the Costa Maya Port recently? What was your impression and what's your favorite spot?

I am booked on a cruise early Dec/2010 and will learn to snorkel this summer. Can anyone give me any information on local tours/or personal experiences in these ports:
Grand Turks
Samana
Kralendjk/Bonaire
Williamstad/Curacoa
Thanks for any help.

I love doing dives on cruise ship trips. . . it's so EASY! One thing I recommend is to hook up with other divers from your ship with similar experience and tell the DM you want to stay together, as a group, everytime you get to a new port. Tell the DM (divemaster) you want to do as many swim thrus or ??? as possible and that worked well for our group, particularly with Sand Dollar Sports, in Cozumel, who likes to include Santa Rosa Wall, which is loaded with great swim thrus.

I always like diving with people I know, but as a photographer and divemaster, they (various operators) usually let me kind of go off on my own, many times.

I love cruising, unpack once and wake up in a different place every morning. See a small portion of this world but you can cover alot of the world in a short period of time. Just like a sampler plate of desserts, if you decide you like you can always plan another trip, land based and discover more.
I didn't think I would ever snorkel but am on the way to learning and who knows after that.
Cruising isn't all that expensive, or should I say it doesn't have to be. I figure about $100 bucks a day and that includes the room and food. (oh my, what food!) For me the expense is flying out from Montana to a port. Cruising is my choice of travel, and I hope to do a long South Pacific cruise someday, which I will enjoy the undersea life.

Hi all!
I want to find a cruise from Andaman islands in India to Similan islands or anther spot in Thilannd.
Can anyone help me with thet? maybe someone know of something somehow?
it's only one day of sailing... Can't seems to find any info.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom