Introduce yourself - Get to know the PPD. (No chatting PLEASE!!!!!!)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Greetings. Just wanted to introduce myself. I have never been diving but I am an avid snorkeler. I've been looking into the whole scuba thing and would just like to learn more. Thanks.

Name: Matt
Certifications: Trimix inst. and Adv/Deco IT
Favorite dive sites: Thistlegorm(Red Sea), Blue Corner(Palau), Nippo Maru(Chuuk), Secret Reef(PG)
Dream Dive: Hmm....tough one....anywhere no one else has been yet
Equipment: twin 130's, apex tx100s, al bp and harness, dive rite classic,Scubapro jetfins, VR3, Smart tec, vyper, d3(i collect computers - many more in the cupboard that dont get used!), Dive rite wreck cannister 10wHID, Scout backups, TLS350, Gavin scooter in the post :)

So now that we have got that over with can I ask a question?

How do I get the PPD forum to come up as default when I log into SB? I can't keep up with the amount of post on th emain page and keep loosing the threads I'm interested in....any way of doing that?

Cheers,

Matt.

Hey guys. Not sure I belong here because I don't live in the Philippines but I've been before, have friends and family there, and absolutely love it. Also, I'm brand new to diving and scubaboard. Hope I'm cool enough to be in the club. :)

Name:Winston
Diving cert: I'm in the process

Name: Michael
Certifications: PADI AOW (Deep, EANx), GUE DIR-F
Favorite dive sites: Philippines, Thailand, Korea
Equipment: 'DIR' - Halcyon Eclipse / Evolve, Apeks XTX200s, ScubaPro jetfins, etc etc
Dream Dive: Every dive is a great one - especially when you get to learn something new

Greetings from a new board member

I dive monthly in Korea, Europe, the Philippines, and Thailand - but am always looking for a new location with great diving and people

Name: Rhichie
Certifications: PADI OW and AOW
Favorite dive sites: All house reefs
Dream Dive: Dive where I will just ride the current to the site and back to the boat.
Equipment: Aqualung reg, Marec BC and mask, Aquamundo suit and fins, a knife and a Suunto watch.

Started diving May 2005. On and off.

1st post. Kuya Pen told me about the site.

Name: JAMES
Certifications: PADI OW
Favorite dive sites: balicasag
Dream Dive: palau, tubbataha
Equipment: Aqualung spiro reg, oceanic slim octo, us divers pivot gauges, dacor weight integrated BC, scubapro jet fins, Xtender wrist computer
started diving: 1994

Names: Eric & Megan
Cert. : PADI AOW/Nitrox
Dives : 250+ Roatan, Utila, Grand Turk, Cozumel, Hawaii

Hi All,

My wife and I will be doing an island hopping vacation 11-23 March 2007. We will be doing 4 nights each in Alona Beach, Cabilao, and Dumaguete with the Sea-Explorers. We think we have put together a pretty good itinerary based upon the info we have found lurking here in the PPD forum. We want to thank all of you for posting information on the various dive sites and resorts in the Philippines, without a resource like this it would be very hard to sort out where to go amongst 7000+ islands.

There is one question that I can't seem to find an answer to. Can anyone tell us what we would be charged for extra baggage on Cebu Pacific Air? We have our own equipment and would prefer to use it so we are likely to have an extra bag or two for clothing and incidentals. We are planning to leave a lot of the camera gear at home as it is but I still can't see us getting everything we need in one checked bag (20kgs) and one carry-on (7kgs) each. Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.

Anyway, now that we have our places and time settled, we would appreciate any info about the things not to miss at our locations.

Thanks in advance!

Name: Dave
Certifications: PADI OW
started diving: a month ago!
Dream Dive: Tubattaha, Great Barrier
Equipment: none yet execpt for mask/snorkel/fins

:)

I just thought I'd post an introduction here :D

Name: Francis Fernandez
Occupation: Student @ University of California, Santa Barbara; Cashier @ Old Navy
Current home: California
Certifications: NAUI OW summer 05', soon AOW this summer.
Equipment: Atomic Aquatics Split Fins, Atomic Subframe Mask, G250HP + R295 + MK25, Aeris Atmos 2, DSS single tank BP/W, Akona 7mm

I was born and raised in the Philippines, but I moved to California when I was 9. I still have many family members living in the Philippines, including two of my older brothers. I hope to someday come back, and of course do some DIVING :D

Name: Ulrika
Occupation: IDC Staff Instructor at Atlantis PG (formerly journalist)
Certifications: See above! But most proud of my Ice Diving specialty and that I managed to get into the dive boat wearing twins, which eventually awarded me the TDI ER diver cert (yes, Mike, I know I haven't done the blind buddy ascent through 5 deco stops yet)
Favorite dive sites: Anything around Sabang without current for the critters, Verde Island Drop Off can be breathtaking, and as for the rest of the world... there's too much to chose from. WW2 Wrecks in Narvik, Norway, Manta Point in Mozambique, Navy Pier in Exmouth, Australia... I once went down to a 600 year old wreck in the middle of the South China Sea and recovered lots of china. That was a highlight!
Dream Dive: A sunken city would be nice ;-) Or a new nudibranch species...
Equipment: Backplate w small wing, longhose, jetfins, my Lara Croft shorts for the goodies and an Olympus 5060 camera w strobe when I'm not working!
Other: If you look at my avatar, you can see Atlantis behind me and up on the balustrade stands my manager Andy Pope. Hi Andy!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom