Introduce yourself - Get to know the PPD. (No chatting PLEASE!!!!!!)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Name: Gerry
Diving since: March 2004
Certification: PDIC OW
Favorite Dive Sites: Ligpo, Kirby's, Beatriz
Dream Dive: Great Barrier Reef

Hello Everyone.... My name is clay. I am in Louisiana USA... I did some diving on Siquijor Island a few years ago... I loved it there. The nicest people I have ever meet. I am a PADI Instructor. I look forward to chatting with everyone..... Clay

Name: Graham
Diving since: 1997
Certifications: PADI MSDT, IANTD Trimix Instructor/normoxic trimix rebreather instructor, GUE cave 2
Favorite dive sites: Deep atolls (75m), PG black fish corner at ~55m, viridi Island:)
Dream Dive: All dives are great - especially caves and wrecks though followed by SMB
Equipment: a mountain of Halcyon, Apeks and Scuba pro - I have more than most dive shops in Manila :D

Sali ko dyan

Name: Bong Magno
Diving since: 1997
Certification: NAUI - certified in 1999
Favorite dive site: Coron
Dream Dive: somewhere in the Red Sea
Equipment: hiram lang

Will be in visiting Palawan and Bohol, this coming June/July... soooo STOKkkED!!!!

~onsse

Name: Jason
Certifications: Padi ow, aow, rescue, wreck, deep, nitrox, dm - fish id, invertebrate id
Favorite dive sites: Coron wrecks, Apo Island, Malapascua, Boracay
Dream Dive: Tabutaha (will be there in May 2006)
Equipment: Atomic B1 on long hose, Deep Sea Supply backplate with 45# Oxycheq wing, Scubapro jets w/spring straps, Uwatec Smarttec and bottom timer backup, USIA aqua pro plus drysuit, DiveRite 10w HID, Mare X vision mask.

I have been going to the Philippines for the past 4 years ever since I did an adventure dive in Boracay with a good budy from Manila. I usually do 2 trips a year. My favorite spot is Malapascua because for me it is just the right degree of development - good selection of restaurants/bars and places to stay for every budget and not too many people (at least in the offseason that I travel May and November). My favorite critters there are the thresher shark, mandarin fish, flamboyant cuttle fish, pidmy sea horse and of course all the little slugs you could ever want to see.

Thanks to Spoon and some others here they calmed my fears about my MY Tristar arrangements and I am all set to dive Tabutaha May 24-29 and then anther visit (4) to Malapascua.

Let me know if you are ever in the Puget Sound area and I can show you around. I think it is some of the most accessible diving anywhere - just a little on the cool side. I am in fact just a 15 minute drive from a great night dive spot where you can check out a Giant Pacific Octopus.

Jason

Name: TONTON, TONSKI, TON squared.
Diving since: March 2005
Certification: PADI OW
Favorite Dive sites: Anilao and Puerto Galera
Dream Dive: Tubbataha reef and Great Barrier reef
Equipment: Aqualung Mythos mask, Sherwood Scuba Snorkel, Aquamundo 3mm wetsuit, Zeagle Stiletto bcd, Mares gloves, Oneill 5mm booties, Atomic Aquatics open heel split fins....saving up on, Atomic Aquatics B2 reg...seriously considering purchasing, Suunto Mosquito dive comp., and either an Atomic Aquatic SS1 or
Atomic Aquatic Z2 back up reg.

Name: Jason
Certifications: NAUI Instructor, Nitrox Instructor, ASHI Instructor, DSAT Tec Deep, DSAT Trimix
Favorite dive sites: Sipadan,Hin Muang, Hin Daeng
Equipment: Halcyon Explorer 40lb, MK25/S600, DS4/Atx100, Delta P VR3 C4,Citizen Aquamaster,Jet Fin,

March is my first diving trip in Peurto Galera, good impressive dive site.

Name: Charles
age 51 but often told i look early 40's
Occupantion: Bum (suppose to be retired), retired military, ex dot.com er, ex travel executive. doing some writing( travel and dive guide to Subic)
training: AOW plus specailities
most frequent diving: Subic Bay
other diving locations: great Barrier reef, mexico,caymans, bahamas, florida, jamica,
Rec diving enought for me, not much interested in the tech

Name: Khaddy
Occupantion: Architect / Contractor / Purchasing & Sales Manager
Training: PADI DM
Diving Since: 2001
most frequent diving: Anilao, Batangas
Favorite Dive Spots: Apo Reef, Coron Wrecks & Barracuda Lake, Tubbataha Reef, Jessey Beasley, Maniguin Island, Boracay "YAPAK 1,2,3" "Channel", PG "CANYONS", LOBO Batangas. Verde Island-San Agapito, Ligpo Bahura, Subic Wrecks
Dream Dive: PALAU, Great Barrier Reef, Maldives, "Ice Diving", Underwater Cave in Mexico, Red Sea, "AMANPULO"
Equipment: Basics Plus Regs: Mares Abyss and axis, Apeks tx50, tx100 & atx 200, DIVE COMPUTER: MARES Nitrox Surveyor & Nitek 3 CLASS A Imitation From Greenhills :p BCD: Aquatec & OMS Wings. Divelight: Made in RAON, Quiapo, Technisub Lumen 4 & 6, Dive Rite HID Lights. ALL CLASS A Imitation!!!! It Works, Im Still Alive, Am I? FINS: JEtfins. But the wooden fins still the BEST!!!

Spose I should put something here...
Names: Neets/Anita
Title: Nutter/Personal Assistant
Stuff I do: Student Pilot, Travel, Surf, Snow Ski, Hike...anything adventurous
Why I'm here: Know Zeeman and Mrs Almity. They seem to like you guys...never been to Phillies...hahaha
Bad Habits: hang out with divers...chocci muffins...fancy dress???...anything no one else will do!
Dive: 18 dives OW (3 night dives), Use Mares Regs (V16), Mares Nemo puta and some dodgey gear. Learnt to dive in Borneo last year, GBR, Sydney, NSW Coast (byron, Seal Rocks, South West Rocks) Aust, tried to dive in Samoa last month, but it flooded...

May try to visit Vietnam 13-23May...well it's closer to Phillie than SYD!

Back
Top Bottom