Introduce yourself - Get to know the PPD. (No chatting PLEASE!!!!!!)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Name: Lukasz (spelled like Woocush ;-)
Certifications: PADI AOWD
Favorite dive sites: Tubbataha
Dream Dive: Palau, and many more... the world is not enough ;-)
Equipment: Just basic new equipment, nothing fancy but enough to get me going
Other:
Hi! I've just got located for another couple of years in Philippines, Manila. I moved here from Poland. Since there have been just couple of weeks since I moved here I wanted to get in contact with people that dive in Philippines on quite frequent basis. It's always more fun to go in a group :) I work during weekdays, so I'm interested in weekend trips. So, if you are in similar situation that I am and you wouldn't mind me to tag along just let me know :)

Name: Edvin (Ed)
Race: Chinese
Certifications: DM
Favorite dive sites: Everywhere is good to me!
Dream Dive: An unknown site! :wink:
Equipment: Unknown - got it from Salvation Army!
Other: Born & Live in Malaysia! Speaks Malay, Japanese & few dialects of chinese. Don't speak Tagalok and England not so powderful! Still learning to take better photos underwater. Always searching for a new place to dive. Philipine will be my next destination and hopefully meet up and dive with some SB members!

My pleasure to be part of this community! :D

Ed.

Name: Robert
Race: Filipino
Certification: PADI OWD
Favorite dive sites: Pinnacle for now
Dream Dive: Palau, Tubbataha, and, of course, Coron :D
Equipment/Gear:
- Aquamundo: wetsuit, wavecutter fins, Quago mask, Claro Mask, snorkel
- U/W film cam, Olympus Stylus 400 (for surface use), Tusa titanium gloves, Mares booties, Samoa diver’s knife, Ikelite PCA
Others: Was born in Makati so is a city boy by nature ... will jump at the chance, however, to bask in a beach not made of concrete, to savor the ebb and flow of tides not caused by oncoming cars and traffic, and to plunge in waters far far away from the crowded civilization.

okay... i've waited long enough. been waiting for somebody else to post before i do but, oh well. who cares if i'm coming after robert again :dozingoff

Name: Kinski
Certification: PADI OWD
Favorite dive sites: I've only gone diving in Anilao waters so...
Dream Dive: Palau, Tubbataha, Balicasag, Coron (I :ezpi_hear ), and that Washing Machine place sounds interesting
Equipment/Gear: basics (a colorful mix of Aquamundo and Tusa), plus an Ikelite PCa underwater flashlight
Other: Used to have this HUGE fear of depths: i'd get freaked out accidentally stepping on a securely shut manhole and could only swim in water deep enough for me to stand in and still have my head above the surface. Well, they say the best way to get rid of your fears is to face 'em head-on, and now I'm daring to go deeper. Oh, and that's me in yellow (second from the left), lest people get confused again.

hi everyone! i'm new to the board, and the forum. so... i'll just follow suit.

Name: Greg
Certification: NAUI - O/W, MSD (still ongoing, after 10,000 yrs.)
IANTD - Nitrox, TDI - Advance Nitrox, Deco. Procedures
Favorite dive sites: Mapating Cave, Canyons
Dream Dive: Ice diving or maybe Diving at an offshore platform
Equipment/Gear:

Poseidon Jetstream, Cycklon and KAG regs,
Poseidon Threedee, Dive Rite and Tusa Resort Masks,
SS Backplate, Harness,
Dive Rite Travel Wing(for singles), OMS 94lbs. Banded Double bladder(for doubles),
Dive Rite Nitek C computer and a Casio watch,
Suunto SK6 wrist-mounted compass,
US Divers Rocket Fins,
Z-knife, trauma shears, UK lights, some brass clips,
Farmer John Wetsuit,
and "Really Old" Oceanic booties (with big holes)

... thats probly it.
now, i have to put them back in the crate...

I've been lurking around PPD for a while but only noticed this thread today.

Name: Drew
Race: American
Certification: PADI OWSI, IANTD Adv Rec Tx, Tech Wreck
Diving since: 1994
Favorite dive sites: Canyons, Blackfish Corner, Sinandigan (all in PG), Pioneer wreck (Malapascua), ex-USS New York (Subic), German Channel (Palau)
Dream Dive: any dive with warm water, good viz and my friends
Equipment/Gear: Halcyon bp & wings, Apex regs, lots of other bits and pieces collected over the years

Name
: Julie
Occupation: Dive bum, world traveller, and wanna be photographer.
Diving since: 1987
Certifications: I don't know why, but I got my PADI divemaster with no intention to work as a DM sherpa girl. GREAT GREAT class though.
Favorite dive sites: Toss up between Wickham Island, or Mary Island, Solomons.
Dream Dive: 3+ hours at Wickham, without having to come up to wee.
Equipment: Scubapro regs, seaquest bc, suunto computers, other stuff from other manufacturers. I'm not fussy, if it breathes dry when I'm inverted I'm happy.
Other: There's not enough time to dive all the places I want to. I was really pleasantly suprised by Mike and Dennis's pictures that showed the diversity of phillipines UW life. Now I have yet ANOTHER destination on my seemingly endless list of number 1 places to dive. :jestera:

Name: Doy
s money I set things on fire... with art... Pyro Designer
Certifications: DMC
Favorite dive sites: Kirby's Rock, lots of places in Anilao... Canyons in PG, not too keen on currents, I love Macro!!!
Dream Dive: Tubbataha, Palau, Maldives, Samar (where I grew up) and anywhere I haven't been too... There's too many... I just started exploring UW. Can't believe I lived by Pacific Ocean all my life and never explored what's beneath the surface...
Equipment: SeacSub Diamond Regs, SeacSub Icaro Tech, Suunto Stinger, Posiedon Mask, SeaQuest Full suit, Mares Booties, Mares Fins, and my baby FujiFilm F11 camera and working on getting INON Strobes and lenses!
Others: I have 5 Labradors... whoops forgot! One is now with my dive instructor

I guess that's it... still a newbie in the forum

http://www.flickr.com/photos/doy/

Name: Garry
Diving since 2005
Occupation: Hotelier currently working in a Resort hotel in the Micronesia Area
Certifications:OW , AOW , Rescue ,EAN, Going for DM
Favorite dive sites: Grotto and Manta Ray City-Saipan, Blue Hole-Guam , Blue Wall and Shark City-Palau
Dream Dive: Hope to do Truk , Cave diving in Mexico, Diving in the Galapagos , Phuket
Equipment: Scubapro BCD , fins -US divers mask etc.
Others
A Filipino scuba diver who has yet to dive the Philippines . This Oct 2006 I plan to do Anilao.I think a couple of my upperclassmans in CSA are on this board. I am currently blessed to work and live by the beach and some 10 mins away are located some great shore dives.

Ok, so I've never been to the Philippines.................BUT I'll be there 5,5 months starting this November :D Doing my IDC - and with a bit of luck and not too many blonde moments, I'll be an OWSI before Xmas :)

Name: Karin
Profession: believe it or not, I've given up my REAL career and sold my home to become a REAL dive chick
Diving since: 2003
Cert: PADI DM
Favourite dive sites: Straits of Tiran and Ras Mohammed, Red Sea; Shark Point, Phuket; Koh Bon Pinnacle, Similan - ohhhhh, lots of favourites, anywhere with fish.........especially anywhere with SHARKS :sigh:
Dream dive: anywhere as long as viz is beyond 2 meters and water temp around bathtub :wink:
Gear: especially love my Stinger and my custom-made 5/7 mm wetsuit, perfect for temperatures below 34 C :wink: Oceanic BCD (would love to try a backplate), Aqualung Titan LX regs, Mares Quattro fins
Others: It is NOT true what they say about Danish girls :wink:

Oh, and did anyone see the piece on a certain PG dive center (Matt?!) in the Exceeding Expectations part of the latest Undersea Journal?

Happy diving everyone......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom