Intro With A Question...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ShuttreBug

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hello Everyone,

I am a long time SoCal (Laguna Beach) diver, who got spoiled diving in warm waters and now no longer wish to dive locally. That not withstanding, I am looking to get wet somewhere warm within the next month or so.

Does anyone know if this board has a group that organizes dive trips? I am still feeling my way around and haven’t seen all the crevices yet.

Appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks

ScubaBoard Invasion Central 2016 Philippines

and there are often posts about groups having a few vacancies. They are sporadic, so I claim that if you review the new threads once a week you will start to see a few of these every few weeks.
thanks, appreciate the response.
i am searching..

There are also people on post on the board and organize trips that aren't affiliates of ScubaBoard. Ken Kurtis posts here regularly, he's with ReefSeekers.com, and they do both local & exotic trips. Here's their exotic trips page. Never dove with them; I have a good impression of him from his posts on this forum. I believe they're in the southern California area (lists a Beverly Hills address); might be convenient for you to check them out.

Richard.

There are also people on post on the board and organize trips that aren't affiliates of ScubaBoard. Ken Kurtis posts here regularly, he's with ReefSeekers.com, and they do both local & exotic trips. Here's their exotic trips page. Never dove with them; I have a good impression of him from his posts on this forum. I believe they're in the southern California area (lists a Beverly Hills address); might be convenient for you to check them out.

Richard.
cool, i'll check it out - thanks!

We allow all sorts of people to organize trips here on ScubaBoard. Some do better than others.
yeah, i am beginning to get a feel for the site.

odd, when im working as an instructor at a resort i have fun mingling with guests, but understandably my allowed actions are limited. (as you can imagine - couple of beers max, conduct oneself appropriately and so on..).
however, i when i want to "not" teach and "pay" to travel, i can't find a group to hang with, since i get assigned randomly or worse babysit. just today, i received an answer from one of the highly recommended dive operator at Cozumel, who frankly told me that they seldom take their boats to more advanced dive sites, because the mass determines the dive locations for the day, which, of course, is understandable. But what about those of us who have had enough of sleigh-rides? how about someplace where currents are strong and nutrient rich so that wall to wall sweetlips, trevallies, cudas, tunas, etc. gather...
so, i thought, perhaps board like this would have enough advanced divers that i can find both interesting dives and mingle without having to "work"
not complaining, just looking to find an answer. =)

Back
Top Bottom