Intro to Tech this weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Count me as one of those who thought you were already a tech diver. Best of luck with your course, and I hope you continue to find wrecks you enjoy.

Count me as one of those who thought you were already a tech diver. Best of luck with your course, and I hope you continue to find wrecks you enjoy.

Thank you!

That makes me laugh. Not sure where you got that impression. Lots of folks here wreck dive recreational profiles with drysuits and doubles.

@Marie 13 stated

"He’s being a jerk. I am doing my training in a manner that fits me. Period. If you don’t like it, go crap on someone else’s thread. I see I’m going to have to begin adding to my ignore list again.

Both instructors I am considering for AN/DP (Steve and someone else I know well) have zero issues with the way I am doing my training.

The way some of you shill for Fundies is funny as hades.(don't you mean HELL ! ) You’re really bad evangelists and put me in mind of Jim and Tammy Faye Baker and her really bad makeup. ( No One absolutely No One can be that bad !)"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My suspicions were correct- Marie is a Chi-town street brawler- don't mess with @Marie13

Dear Marie
Recall our many emails just a few short years ago at the very beginning your entrance into the UW
world ? My old Squadrons motto ?

"Ne illegtimi carbrundum tere in vobis"
Which is Latin and translates into English
Don't let the bastards grind you dowm

Amd you are Not Letting the bastards grind you down

Stick with it - keep progressing @abnfrog is one of the greatest !

Sam Miller III

Marie
fyi'
A little history]
in 1964 I prepared a proposal to LA CO UIA for diver & instructor clasifications
It was rejected by LA Co but they create did the world's fist 3 month long ADP

My 20 page proposal; was presented to NAUI BOD by Art Ulrich
NAUI rejected it

Dennis Graver, a NAUI instructor employed by PADI,Inc Presented the proposal to PADI, Inc
PADI, Inc adapted it !

It has now disintegrated like step marketing into step instruction

Diving is now a small step at a time-- so keep on stepping
You are doing great !

Sam

"Ne illegtimi carbrundum tere in vobis"
Which is Latin and translates into English
Don't let the bastards grind you dowm

Actually, quite the contrary...

This is Steve's ( @abnfrog ) operation (fraternity):

upload_2019-8-6_11-50-5.png

:thumb:

Good gosh !
I have been married to a proper and prim RED Headed Canadian....
Since forever and a day
I have never ever heard her use that kind of language !

Oh! The utter horror of it all !

Sam

(If you believe my post you also believe in Santa Claus and the Easter bunny !)

As much as I liked Steve, I will be going with a local instructor for AN/DP (maybe Helitrox). Steve’s topside facilities did not make my knees happy. Steep hill down to the beach entry. Stairs down to the dock. Both my local quarry and Wazee Lake (deco dives) in WI have easy beach entries.

I had a good chat with the local instructor (Tim Linse, formerly of Sweet Bottom Dive Center in St. Croix) today. We’ve tentatively scheduled the class for next June or so. We’re going to do the classroom portion in the late winter. I’m doing a one-on-one class and it will be spread out over three weekends, not the usual two. I simply want more time and don’t want to have time constraints. Tim is fab, answers any and all questions either in person (if he’s working in the shop) or via email. Friend was tech trained by Tim and has nothing bad to say about him.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom