Intro to DIR workshop @ FifthD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MXGratefulDiver

Mental toss flycoon
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Mark just posted this on our shop list ... figured I'd give it some wider circulation for those who might be interested.

FifthD will be hosting a "DIR Back to Basics" 2 day workshop given by Steve White to help those folks wanting to know what DIR is about and how to apply the basic skills to their everyday diving. This workshop will cover the DIR equipment configuration, balanced system and basic skills, in lecture and OW skill practice dives. You will have the opportunity to try DIR equipment or take the workshop in your current equipment. The workshop is designed to get you on the road to preparing for your DIRF class. It runs June 24th and 25th and will be limited to a max of 10. You must be OW certified with at least 10 dives past certification and 18 years or older. The workshop will cost $175 which includes a $75 credit towards the DIRF course good for 6 months. Call now to reserve your spot..

Mark Tourtellot owner Fifth Dimension
Steve White GUE Instructor

Arrgghhh,

I'll be out of town that weekend. This seems like a perfect bridge between OW/AOW and Fundies, and the price is right. Let me know if they run it again, I'd be very interested if I was in town.

Argh -- if I was in town I'd be there. I'm planning on doing the next Fundies class after June 10 (whenever that may be) and would love to see it in action before then. Sounds like a good chance to hear more about what DIR is all about though...

lundysd:
Argh -- if I was in town I'd be there. I'm planning on doing the next Fundies class after June 10 (whenever that may be) and would love to see it in action before then. Sounds like a good chance to hear more about what DIR is all about though...
No worries about seeing DIR in action ... with the DIR-trained community we have around here, all it'll take is hooking up for a dive or two ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

There are lots of us around and available to dive with anybody who's intrigued. I think a workshop type class in preparation would be ideal -- save somebody the dismay of operating for six months under a provisional like I have!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom