Intro / Apprentice / Cave 1 Caves in Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cow down is used regularly for training. Not the most interesting passages, but if you're a CDS member it's a pretty easy dive though I don't know if siphons are allowed in intro, I can't remember. If they are then you can add P3 onto the list as well.

For intro limits I think JB and LR are actually quite limiting due to the depth. You hit NDL insanely fast and you're going to hit gas limits in LR before the cave gets interesting. Twin is also mindnumbingly boring until past the subway tunnel unless you swim upside down. The ceiling is actually quite interesting to look at. If it were my diving with those limits though I'd focus on Peacock due to the depths. You will get longer dives in that cave before you hit gas/deco limits. There's tons of interesting things to look at on the three main lines without having to jump especially on the Olsen/Pothole line.

For intro limits I think JB and LR are actually quite limiting due to the depth. You hit NDL insanely fast and you're going to hit gas limits in LR before the cave gets interesting. Twin is also mindnumbingly boring until past the subway tunnel unless you swim upside down. The ceiling is actually quite interesting to look at.

I would guess you can't get past the first breakdown in JB on intro gas limits. On the other hand I happen to think JB has the best cavern in FL and can have a challenging entry so I like it.

Is the entry for hole in the wall considered too much of a restriction? It is for GUE C1 divers but I thought other agencies allowed single file restrictions as long as you didn't remove gear?

Twin's subway is worth doing - twice - in then out.

So? Manatee isn't any deeper than Ginnie. Flow isn't any worse than JB on a bad day (although its high flow more often than JB).

Yes it can have some of the worst vis but is 15ft vis really disqualifying? Little River flow and vis can be just as high and bad as Manatee

Yes and no on the depth at Ginnie versus Manatee. You can see over 500' of cave in Ginnie without ever getting deeper than 65' and keeping within the limits of intro. The minute you get past the sign in Manatee you're at 90'.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom