Intro - and a favour needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RealBigFish

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I read a plea for prayers on the board, from a young lad who's dad had a car accident.

My heart went out to him, and i felt such pride at being a diver when i saw his extended family offer their love and support.

I've been a diver for 6 years, both my brothers do it and so did my dad before his accident.

So, this is my heart-felt plea to my extended family - but fisrt an explanation. My youngest brother has been a scuba instructor for the last 6 months in the British Virgin Isles and in all honesty, those long months were very scary - is he safe, is he happy, when he dives, will he come back up again?

Now, he's leaving us again. He has got himself and my other brother a job in Cairn Australia as an instructor and tonight he leaves us, me, for at least 18months.

I believe in God and i believe in my brothers skills as divers. But still, i feel dread in my stomach, i feel fear each time i think of what could go wrong (and yes, i feel green with envy that i cannot go too).

My plea is, if you ever have space in your prayers for two extra people, if ever you have extra good wishes - even if you just read this and think of me please, please say a prayer for my brothers. I cannot know what God has in store for them, i will not always be able to protect them. But i have this crazy idea that love for another person unites hearts and minds regardless of distance. If my extended family can hold hands and all pray for one another, please make a link in your chain for us and help me believe Andrew and Nathan will come home safe. The days without them are long, the time between emails is gut-wrenching and the fear of losing them is so consuming it makes me physically ill.

I have to have faith, but i think i would really really like to be able to think someone out there is saying a prayer too.

Dive safe, always return to your families, and enjoy every minute of every dive.

"They also serve, those who sit at home and wait"

RealBigFish

Howdy and welcome to SB!

It really would help if you'd complete your profile. :thumb:

If you haven't yet, click Forums above and start going thru the list - looking for those of interest to you, especially your local dive club. Click the link in my Sig below to PM me if I can help you around here..

:cowboy: don

As with any diving there are risks. That is why we certify now and train for these risk that are inherent to diving. Whether you are new or experienced to diving, one should always go back and review the basics. Failure of equipment does not happen as often as it did a decade ago. However they do happen. Practice increases ones skills and I believe that as instructors they are increasing there skills. I always pray before entering the water for myself, those who have gone before me and those that will follow me after into Gods underwater realm. God has a plan for each of us no matter how much one worries. So do not worry and enjoy life as life is to short for all of us.

Back
Top Bottom