Intova Ultra

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes they are strong enough, the area of coverage is not the biggest. For a small pocket light it does remarkably well.

My wife and I each have one and we like them well enough to used them as our primary light and have a larger light in a pocket for a bachup.

Depends how much light you want. Rated for 220 lumen, which is pretty decent. I use them for backups, and SuperNovas for primaries, rather brighter. I'm paranoid, so always have at least 3 lights. My eyes aren't that good for low light levels.

They are PLENTY bright enough for night diving. If you want mor elight you will have to move into a can light, which is really too much for typical openwater night dives.

If you are referring to the Ultra Nova the beam is way to narrow for night diving. The Mini has the same 220 lumen power rating but has a much wider beam. Trust me, I have three Intova lights and do a lot of night diving. When you are down there in the "dark" you want to see more than a two or three foot circle. The Mini will work OK but the batteries are expensive. The Super Nova is an incredible light for night dives. 500 lumen with a nice wide pattern and is rechargeable. I got mine from Dixie Divers in Florida shipped to Hawaii and it was still cheaper than in any store!! If you're still not convinced I can show you videos that I shot using all three lights for comparison.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom