Intova Supernova known issues?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi, my first post in here woop!

I was wondering if there are known issues with this light, I find it very hard to find any technical information about the torch when it comes to troubleshooting.

Here is my issue:

We were diving sunday around noon, the torch worked admirably as usual (used on 30 some dives). We were scheduled to dive again on Tuesday afternoon so I disassembled the torch and connectet the charger once it was dry ofcourse. Then when it had been left in the charger for around 4 hours I disconnected the charger cable and noticed that the battery indicator was lit up in RED, no blinking upon charging either. It keeps lighting RED even now and when I tried to assemble the torch and swith it on there was no light at all.

I am thinking that something went wrong sometime during the charging, I am no tech guy but that is my theory anyway.

Have anyone else had similar issues is my question.

Tony

Disassemble? Do you mean unscrewing the charger socket cover, or really taking it apart?
I've not experienced problems with mine.

Disassemble? Do you mean unscrewing the charger socket cover, or really taking it apart?
I've not experienced problems with mine.

Yes that is what I ment, sorry for not making it clear.

Hi ScubaDubaTony,

Please call (808) 837-0074 or e-mail us at kevin@intova.net so that we can address the issue that you are having with your Supernova. Also, it would be helpful if you have your store receipt handy when you call or provide that information in your e-mail.

Thank You,
Intova

Is it possible to replace the batteries on an Intova SuperNova torch? Ours seem to be shot.

Not the old model, I've looked into it, and Intova won't or can't do. The new model has two parts, light module and battery module.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom