Intova Sport Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tony, not sure if I posted this on this thread or not, but here's a filiter/no filter example of SP1 at about 35 -40 feet.

Rderige, this is not the first time I read such a comment where someone has reported this type of behaviour.

• How long ago did you buy your original SP1?
  • What is the firmware version on your new replacement SP1?

I wonder if there was an earlier batch of faulty cameras! I had a slightly different experience where mine switched off during a dive after round 15mins of recording. When I noticed, I switched it back on and happily when on to record for a further 47mins without issues. That was the only time I had such a problem. However, I have not had it long, so decided to do an experiment to retest things (and I got a weird result)!

Firmware version is V2012041415.

I did ask Intova on whether there is a known manufacturing defect, since I was surprised about the lack of probing questions which generally follows a product complaint. The response I got was "The original fault was a manufacturing defect and has been corrected in the design."

---------- Post Merged at 10:38 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:25 PM ----------

Why did you not just set both of them to the same pixels and FPS to get a true side by side compairsion to include removing the red filter from the Intova?

I only got to use them together once since I just got the gopro recently. I was more interested at the 60fps feature and I thought based on the reviews posted here that the differences are negligible anyway.

Will do a side by side comparison on my next dive and will make sure that they have the same setting to get a more objective review.

Tony, not sure if I posted this on this thread or not, but here's a filiter/no filter example of SP1 at about 35 -40 feet.

Definately WITH the filter. When the filter is off, it almost looks black and white. Nice footage BTW.

Yea Insta-Gator it is really a must have for open water, daytime and shallow. Opposite from that you are on the lights right? Also I am my P11 (our resident video editor and dive buddy) very good work. What mm is that one and did your buy it from Intova or from another company. Still waiting for B & L to get the protective lens in. Thanks again.

Yea Insta-Gator it is really a must have for open water, daytime and shallow. Opposite from that you are on the lights right? Also I am my P11 (our resident video editor and dive buddy) very good work. What mm is that one and did your buy it from Intova or from another company. Still waiting for B & L to get the protective lens in. Thanks again.

Thanks. It's just a standard Intova Sport Pro HD with the 52mm (?) red filter. My Intova cam with a black lens cover, are you talking about a clear one? I purchased from B&H online for $165.00 Joe is currently checking on the status of my camera/replacement. We'll get into lights eventually, but this was our first outing with the camera and didn't want to complicate the adventure any more than needed. :D

---------- Post Merged on November 3rd, 2012 at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous Post was on November 2nd, 2012 at 01:13 PM ----------

Replacement camera arrived USPS today. :bounce:

Everything seems to be working like a charm. Being an experienced user this time, I was sure to:

1. fully charge camera
2. set auto off to OFF
3. set LCD off to OFF
4. erased anything that might have been on my SD Micro (using my computer, not the camera)
5. formatted SD Micro in camera

Took 30 minute video.
thumbb.gif

All worked.

Erased that video, reformatted SD card (just to be sure) and am currently recording a longer video to be sure everything works properly.

BTW, the firmware version on this camera is V2012081321

Thanks Kevin and Joe at Intova. I only have good things to say about Intova customer support.
clapping.gif

Can't wait for another chance to use it underwater.

Edit: Additional Info.

Ok I've discovered, verified, what hyc was talking about. The new camera will stay on for as long as I want it to. However, in 1080 resolution it will record about 50 minutes of video, then begin a new video. Using the date/time stamp I could see that it didn't turn off or miss anything. It simply began a new video file, but continued recording. In 720 is recorded for 1 hour 3 minutes before starting a new video file. IMO, not a deal breaker.

Also, in 1080 the image was jerky, even though the camera was sitting on a table. In 720 it was much smoother. I think my SD cards are class 6, 16GB. Perhaps a 8GB, class 10 would perform better.

Last edited:
Tag..

It's auto-correct via Tapatalk 2, figure it out. :D

Looking for a camera for diving on a cruise in December. Was looking at the GoPro until I read this thread. How does this camera compare to the Hero 3 Black Edition? Are either of them suitable as an "everyday" camera (take photos when not diving)?

Jack

Looking for a camera for diving on a cruise in December. Was looking at the GoPro until I read this thread. How does this camera compare to the Hero 3 Black Edition? Are either of them suitable as an "everyday" camera (take photos when not diving)?

Jack

The Intova does take photos, but since the lens is always wide angle it may not be optimal for that use, just depends on what you expect from a still photo.

I find that it takes great snap shot pictures and has the benifit of being able to zoom in and out. Here are some snap shot pictures. No filter.

---------- Post Merged at 01:28 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:28 PM ----------

I find that it takes great smap shot pictures and has the benifit of being able to zoom in and out. Here are some shap shot pictures. No filter.

Attachments

• DIVING 030.jpg
    DIVING 030.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 117
  • DIVING 097.jpg
    DIVING 097.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 120
  • DIVING 073.jpg
    DIVING 073.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 115
  • DIVING 104.jpg
    DIVING 104.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 111
  • DIVING 095.jpg
    DIVING 095.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 120
  • DIVING 040.jpg
    DIVING 040.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 112
Hi guys,

Great thread! Awesome to see unbiased reviews and Intova personnel helping with issues.
I reckon it's won Intova a few new customers too.

I have just updated the firmware on my SP1 and all went smoothly as far as I can tell (as I had the spinning circles, then the camera turned off).
I removed my SD card afterwards and tried to turn the camera back on, but no luck. The SP1 won't turn back on at all.

Anyone else had this problem?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom