INTOVA HD Sport 2 TIPS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The 1080p could be viewed on an HDTV, or a computer (I would venture this is more common these days)...if you are asking if a standard def TV would work - If you plan on using this with a standard def TV, the process would be as following:
Using a computer, apple/mac it doesn't matter use video editing software to publish video to DVD (save it as a DVD)
When you save it, choose a standard def option (640x480) - it will likely make you do it in letter box format.

The letter box will happen because you took a rectangular image (1080p) and published it to square TV output.

I would say most people publish their videos to sites like youtube and other people view them on phones/tablets/computers more than anything else these days. Heck more and more people's TV sets are basically simplistic living room computers anyway (seen what a blue ray player can do these days?).

I know they have the integrated software red filter - use the external one you bought - that's my .02.

As to the head mounts, I think you will find you move your head more than you think you do. I use mine on a tray, and am happy with that. There are lots of options out there...heck just starting off you may just want to use a coil lanyard and clip it to your BC and hold it to shoot. Whatever you do, make sure you secure it - people lose small cameras regularly...sometimes it's many minutes before they realize it's gone.

Or maybe you really do want that whole 'point of view' shooting. I don't care for it, but people certainly do it a lot. If you are showing the video to others you will find your self saying this is the part where I became a bobble head for the next 15 minutes.

I would look into a 32gb card for memory - unless you are sure you want to download video nightly. I want to say 32gb would hold 5.5 hours on mine. Downloading video nightly isn't hard, but I work on computers all the time and rarely want to open one on vacation. That's something I'll do back home in the real world.

Thanks so much for taking the time to write all that. So do you shoot at 1080p or 720p ?

I've only had mine on a single trip - but I shot 1080p. I'm satisfied with the result.

I have shot in both 720 and 1080. I usually leave the camera on the entire dive, edit and remove what I don't like and also I take stills from the video. So with 720, I find that it is faster to download and edit but the quality is less than the 1080. If you want to see the difference take a still in each mode and enlarge it.

Is there a huge difference ? is the difference dependent on what TV you watch it on ?

Is there a huge difference ? is the difference dependent on what TV you watch it on ?

Well if a TV cannot support 1080 then yes. But I can seen the difference on the computer when blowing up the pictures.

Right guys I tried the vivid setting and it is not as good as the standard, unlucky for me my best clips were shot vivid, is there any way I can edit the video back to standard ?thanks

Back
Top Bottom