Intova 3W - 65 Lumens vs 4.8W 130 Lumens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Got to use my Intova 4.7W Cree on a night dive in Cozumel and really liked it.

I seriously liked it better than pretty much every other light any other diver had due to it's "white light" and intensity.

Yes there was a guy with an HID that was semi bragging about it on the boat before the dive and yes it overall was brighter and covered a bigger area than mine but it put off a less intense light than mine. That same guy asked me about my light after the dive and wanted to look at it. hehe

I'm very happy with the purchase of that light.

I now have 2 Intovas and love them both. I LOVE the wide beam for night dives. PERFECT for dives in the Pacific. Much brighter than the usual D4 or D8 lights people use here and a good, consistant cone spread. I have the 3W narrow beam as my crevice/back up. Light weight and pocket-sized. My modified SL4 Xenon>Cree light is brighter, but much heavier. 3W could be better, but it's a good deal for the money.

I found the batteries are actually cheap if you get them from Deal Extreme. They have good 5-packs for next to nothing and no shipping anywhere in the world. Batteries seem to be good for at least 5 hours, so I can get a couple night dives out of them before swapping.

I just wish someone made a rubberized skin (like those iPod ones) for the thing because they've been taking a beating with all the shore dives they've been through.

I now have 2 Intovas and love them both. I LOVE the wide beam for night dives. PERFECT for dives in the Pacific. Much brighter than the usual D4 or D8 lights people use here and a good, consistant cone spread. I have the 3W narrow beam as my crevice/back up. Light weight and pocket-sized. My modified SL4 Xenon>Cree light is brighter, but much heavier. 3W could be better, but it's a good deal for the money.

I found the batteries are actually cheap if you get them from Deal Extreme. They have good 5-packs for next to nothing and no shipping anywhere in the world. Batteries seem to be good for at least 5 hours, so I can get a couple night dives out of them before swapping.

I just wish someone made a rubberized skin (like those iPod ones) for the thing because they've been taking a beating with all the shore dives they've been through.

I'm wondering if these lights would work with the rechargeable versions of the batteries?

Adam

They do, but from Deal Extreme, the disposable ones are so cheap and last longer in the light. Rechargeable ones you'd need to recharge ever dive and are less reliable. And the rechargeable ones will get dimmer as the dive goes on from my understanding.

Hi, I am thinking about buying a backup light for cave diving. And have considering the Intova narrow angle 4.7W or OxyCheq Raider I 3W.
Has anyone do a side by side comparison on these 2 lights? Any comment on which one is brighter?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom