Intova 3W - 65 Lumens vs 4.8W 130 Lumens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got the wide and use it as primary. Cold water diving, works really well. Used it during my night dive and it was perfectly fine. Used it during the day deep dive, same deal. No problems at all. I was looking for a wide angle, small light and after reading about this one, gave it a shot. Really happy with the way it works so far, and it's really sturdy light. You can drop this thing from few feet height and it will not break, well mine didn't at least.

Only downer are the batteries it uses. CR123 can be expensive since they are primarily used for photography, but you can find websites that have them for really cheap, or even use eBay.

Has anyone used the wide as a primary for tropical reef diving? My LDS is recommending it... I was looking at a UK D8, but if this does the same job with the smaller size (and cheap rechargeable batteries) and comparable price... I think it's a winner!

There is no such thing as a 4.8watt.... ah forget it.

Yeah, but we gotta call it something, and that's what's on the label so it's how everyone will recognize it from the older "3 watt" version, right? :eyebrow:

Is false advertising and misleading.

It's also plain stupid, like saying how fast a car is by citing how much fuel it burns at full throttle. But a lot of people don't know any better.

I'm not experienced with night dives (or any dives), but used a TUSA (??4.8W, wide or whatever they are called) on recent night dives on the Barrier Reef and found them fabulous. Great coverage and nice and bright, only problem was that they occasionally went off and needed a tap to turn on again.

Trying to find a cheap one . . .

richie

I bought the 4.7W Cree Intova light for my first light.

Taking it to Mexico and will test it out and let y'all know.

Jeff

I bought the Super Nova last year, use it working the charter boat in Lake Huron, it is totally badass, best light I ever owned, and I recommend it to anyone. I like the compact size, the lighting, it even was used today when the white 360 degree navigation light failed on the charter, in foggy weather, I duct taped it to the post, and put my smaller Intova light facing the other way so we could complete the charter McGuyver all the way baby!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom