Into the Blue movie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Web Monkey

Omniheurist
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Saw a sneak preview tonight.

First, Jessica Alba is very easy on the eyes, and did a great job. The underwater shots in the beginning are beautiful, and the location is great.

The plot needed a lot of help as did the editing. Shortening it by 1/2 hour would have been a big improvement.

From a SCUBA perspective, there was a lot of free-diving that was completely beyond the realm of possibility, where people got more bottom time with nothing but a mask than I can get with a steel 95.

The SCUBA stuff was even worse, with a ton of "oops! I'm completely out of air! how did that happen?" (gauge reads 0 PSI), followed by lots of quick ascents with no blowing bubbles and no injuries.

There were also lots of really stupid moves like penetrating a plane wreck while freediving.

I think the worst part was the sharks. Some people get bitten/eaten, which will scare the cr*p out of the non-diving public. That's all sharks need is more scared people ready to have them killed.

Terry

Web Monkey:
Saw a sneak preview tonight.

First, Jessica Alba is very easy on the eyes, and did a great job. The underwater shots in the beginning are beautiful, and the location is great.

The plot needed a lot of help as did the editing. Shortening it by 1/2 hour would have been a big improvement.

From a SCUBA perspective, there was a lot of free-diving that was completely beyond the realm of possibility, where people got more bottom time with nothing but a mask than I can get with a steel 95.

The SCUBA stuff was even worse, with a ton of "oops! I'm completely out of air! how did that happen?" (gauge reads 0 PSI), followed by lots of quick ascents with no blowing bubbles and no injuries.

There were also lots of really stupid moves like penetrating a plane wreck while freediving.

I think the worst part was the sharks. Some people get bitten/eaten, which will scare the cr*p out of the non-diving public. That's all sharks need is more scared people ready to have them killed.

Terry

I saw the trailer for this about 2 minutes before your post... there was a bit of freediving at the plane... definitely made me scratch my head.

Why are you guys paying attention to anything other than Jessica?

Seriously, I'm sure I'll see it (if only on DVD). I heard Jessica in an interview this AM on the Today Show. I keep forgetting how young she is. I think I'll set my sights higher (like another 10-15 years older).

drbill:
Why are you guys paying attention to anything other than Jessica?

Seriously, I'm sure I'll see it (if only on DVD). I heard Jessica in an interview this AM on the Today Show. I keep forgetting how young she is. I think I'll set my sights higher (like another 10-15 years older).

You answered it already...

If we can see the movie several times on DVD, we can see anything other than Jessica, but not at the first time.....:05:

Do you REALLY think people are going to this movie for the snorkeling/scuba? :hmmm: They are going for the eye candy and the "story" . . . ok mostly the eye candy. :D

Are you kidding?

That's the exact reason why they cast Jessica in the movie.:05:

polerin312:
Do you REALLY think people are going to this movie for the snorkeling/scuba? :hmmm: They are going for the eye candy and the "story" . . . ok mostly the eye candy. :D

Web Monkey:
Terry
Look at the bright side, at least your favorite ocean dive spots won't be over-crowded!

Firebrand:
Look at the bright side, at least your favorite ocean dive spots won't be over-crowded!
Yep! Silver linings everywhere :D . . . if you look hard enough :wink:

Our local dive shop friends are going to the premier tomorrow night, probably as hecklers. We will have a booth set up and I bet it will be "stupid question night" after the movie.
D

The latest Undersea Journal (PADI's publication for DM's and Instructors) has two articles on the film, suggesting that it will inspire legions of new divers, much like Blue Crush inspired wannabe surfers. Maybe I'm just showing my age, but I don't think this is the right way to go about recruiting new divers...

Still, I'm a dive-film addict, and I'll be right there in line at the theatre, checking it out. (I'd rather be diving, but I'm a little under-the-weather and have to sit this weekend out...)

BTW, as I mentioned on another thread, Jessica's on the cover of the current UJ freediving. And there's a little bubble problem. Either that, or she's got a little gastrointestinal upset...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom