Internet sales of Zeagle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

R

redacted

I tripped onto this on a Fl shops internet site.

CONSUMER ALERT - Zeagle products purchased on the INTERNET or by MAIL ORDER are NOT through Authorized Zeagle Dealers and are not covered under warranty. Only retailers designated by Zeagle Systems as being Authorized Zeagle Dealers are extended the authority to sell and provide warranty service for Zeagle products. Zeagle does not grant authority to any of its retailers to sell Zeagle products via mail order, telephone sales or the Internet. It is important that you purchase any Zeagle life support equipment through an authorized Zeagle dealer who will provide proper and safe instruction on the use of the equipment purchased. All sales of Zeagle products must take place in person at an authorized Zeagle dealer retail location. Should there be any questions pertaining to this matter, or as to which retailers are Authorized Zeagle Dealers, please call (813) 782-5568

I thought Zeagle permitted internet sales by authorized dealers. The site was http://www.ezscuba.com/zprodcts.htm. I also thought it was nice of them to invite potential shoppers to call them with any questions "as to which retailers are Authorized Zeagle Dealers".

Guess I have a bunch of non authorized dealers selling me Zeagle gear.

I wonder if this isn't a old statement. Notice the date on the "Zeagle Win Settlement"...1997.
At either rate it is wrong. That or Scott has some explaining to do since he knows where I have bought most of my gear.

DiveMaven:
Wow, won't Larry and Joe at ScubaToys be shocked when they learn they are outlaws!! :wink: :wink:

We never claimed that we weren't outlaws.... But just not when it came to selling Zeagle. :wink:

Seriously, that was their policy, years and years ago... not now. As long as you're an authorized dealer... you're good.

You can go to their Dealer List and see we are authorized. (of course it would be nice if Scott would update his web page. We moved from that address 4 years ago! - and dropped the 2Dive4 name.... Come on Scott!!)

awap:
I tripped onto this on a Fl shops internet site.

I thought Zeagle permitted internet sales by authorized dealers. The site was http://www.ezscuba.com/zprodcts.htm. I also thought it was nice of them to invite potential shoppers to call them with any questions "as to which retailers are Authorized Zeagle Dealers".

If you go to the above URL, it has a link on it to their online shop, where they sell Zeagles.

Either they are Hypocrites or Moron's for contradicting their own site or not updating it.

see http://www.shopezscuba.com/catalog/...d.html?zenid=06a8ea46e944f9c16bef44821f8e2a58

scubatoys:
You can go to their Dealer List and see we are authorized. (of course it would be nice if Scott would update his web page. We moved from that address 4 years ago! - and dropped the 2Dive4 name.... Come on Scott!!)

Yeah, I tripped into it while searching for a list of authorized Zeagle dealers. They were # 3 on the google results for "zeagle dealers" and zeagle.com was not in the top 10. I think they have found an interesting way to route customers in their direction.

Mike S - I suspect they know exactly what they are doing. I'll bet they paid a good buck to get that high on the list. And I'll bet it's paying off. Who need the stinkin' yellow pages?

awap:
Yeah, I
Mike S - I suspect they know exactly what they are doing. I'll bet they paid a good buck to get that high on the list. And I'll bet it's paying off. Who need the stinkin' yellow pages?

maybe so... but now that we know they are trying to pull something, we don't have to buy from them.

There are other reputable dealers to buy from that don't try these gimmicks.

I would guess that that disclaimer was left over from a few years ago, and was just never removed or forgotten. Eric, the owner of EZ Scuba, is a personal friend of mine, and I'm pretty sure he wasn't trying to pull the wool over anyones eyes. I will let him know that it is still up there, regardless...

Joe - I have a hard enough time trying to get spelling errors corrected - now you want me to verify locations as well?? Maybe instead of traveling all over the world testing out new gear, you should have called me about it!! :D

(I'll have someone take care of it first thing next week - I'm sure it is KILLING your business...Hahahahahha)

Ok kids, I am out for the weekend...see you Monday. (if I can stand to stay away that long...)

Have a great weekend and if you are lucky enough to be diving, dive safe!!!

Scott

EZ Scuba is the shop i just got certified through....great guys but yes their webpage probably hasn't been updated in the last year at least.....definitely look around the internet sites as many of them will have clues (if not a "last update done on...." posting) to when the last updates were done.....the internet is full of abandoned or out of date pages.....

Back
Top Bottom