Internet Explorer 9 Strange Display Issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mopar

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
When ever I click on "All New Posts" The new posts in the list appear on my computer four or five inches wide. What can I do to make them appear a normal size. I can remember when I could get on the old version of the board and not have the first problem. Oh by the way instead of a thread being just as wide as my screen I have to scroll over to the far right to read everything.

What is your screen resolution, and what browser are you using?

My browser is Internet Explorer and I am not sure of my screen resolution. I am using a laptop. That probably does not help I know. When I click on new posts the number of views, and number of replies is written vertical vs. horizontal.

Ok.

Since I can't duplicate your problem... Please help me to help you by making a screen shot.

Here's some detailed instructions on how to make a screen shot.

What's a Screen Shot, and how do I make one?

Post your screen shot here, so I can see this problem.

Also... It would be helpful if you tried to use another browser to see if the problem is browser specific. Try using Chrome...

Scubaboard.jpg

This is just one thread all in the list appear this big. Except for the subscribed threads they appear normal about one inch each thread.

interesting... did you just upgrade to the latest version of internet explorer?

This problem happens to me when I log onto a public library computer in Austin. When clicked, the "New Posts" page looks the same as the one captured above. The library uses IE. This does not happen when I log onto Scubaboard at home on my laptop, also IE.

Is it the same version of IE?

Are the IE browsers configured the same way at home and at the library? I'd have to guess "no"

These issues are apparently browser specific, and make troubleshooting extremely difficult. ScubaBoard uses a few plugins to enhance the visitor experience, like a patch to make the forums display in columns among others like "quote this post in a PM" and more. I can disable everything and ruin the experience for all, or if these little browser issues could be resolved with the user - using a different browser... Which do you think I'd recommend?

Is there a setting that I can change that will make my searches view normally. I have uploaded a screen shot of a search I did.
It loads it in these huge boxes and I have to scroll forever. Any help would be appreciated. I have dual monitors so just look at the one to the left.

Thanks

Aaron

Attachments

• screen shot.jpg
    screen shot.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 63
When did you upgrade your internet explorer? Did these issues happen before you upgraded to IE9?

I am downloading IE9 to see if this is a browser specific problem, and if there is a solution.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom