Internet Explorer 9 Strange Display Issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I downloaded and installed IE9, and I am still unable to replicate this issue. It makes it extremely difficult for me to figure out what the issue is if I can't replicate the issue.

I ask that you try to install another browser and see if that remedies the problem, at least until I can somehow re-create the issue on one of my computers.

Try using Google Chrome for Windows - Terms and Conditions Agreement

interesting... did you just upgrade to the latest version of internet explorer?

I did maybe three months ago, but the problem just appeared yesterday. What is strange is when I click on subscribed threads those threads appear normal.

I did maybe three months ago, but the problem just appeared yesterday. What is strange is when I click on subscribed threads those threads appear normal.

So... Did you make any changed to any of your settings yesterday on IE or SB?

When was your last visit to the site before yesterday?

I ask this because I didn't make any changes yesterday, so I'm trying to figure out if it's anything on my end that I can fix.

It maybe a coincidence, but I cleared my cookies and my problem went away. Thanks Howard. :D

Sweet. That was easy.

Toggle the "compatibily view" icon on the right side of the address bar ( the one that looks like a cut piece of paper ). It will cause/fix the problem.

Thanks Again Howard. It is amazing to me how much better my computer runs when you do your routine maintenance.

Scubaboard.jpgUntitled.jpg

I gave up and went to Google Chrome a few months back. It is faster, and seems to be happier when viewing SB (without having to do all kinds of crazy changes). Wish I could figure it out as my version of IE is specifically configured by Verizon to work with my mail, and a bunch of other stuff. Oh well....

P.S. - Howard: thanks for what you are always doing here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom