Internet Explorer 9 "Recover webpage" amazingly often

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do you have any add-ons like AVG or other virus "link" scan enabled?

If you get the message... use the windows snipping tool to make a screen capture. I have been posting away in a test environment, and can't replicate this "recover" the webpage.

Do you have any add-ons like AVG or other virus "link" scan enabled?

If you get the message... use the windows snipping tool to make a screen capture. I have been posting away in a test environment, and can't replicate this "recover" the webpage.
No virus stuff getting involved..here is the capture:
ie-screen.jpg

I just downloaded Internet Explorer 9 on this computer (Win 7 64 Bit) and am replying to this post with IE9.
it is a real error message, asking if you want to "Recover" the web page... It happens to me 5 times out of 6, so I am about to copy this reply, so that if it freezes I won't have to type this again into Chrome :)....but this effort is to IE....and I have found if you DO NOT allow give permission to RECOVER the web page, and cancel the notification....just let the page sit there, after maybe 10 to 30 minutes it actually posts the message...maybe 70% of the time it can get through...Not fun though...

Is it anything like described in this article? Hang Resistance in IE9 - IEBlog - Site Home - MSDN Blogs

If you right click in IE 9 on the main page, you can click on All Accelerators then "Manage Accelerators"

Then look at toolbars and extensions, and you might be surprised at how many addons you have.

Is it anything like described in this article? Hang Resistance in IE9 - IEBlog - Site Home - MSDN Blogs

If you right click in IE 9 on the main page, you can click on All Accelerators then "Manage Accelerators"

Then look at toolbars and extensions, and you might be surprised at how many addons you have.

yES ..IT IS " Recovering from Web page and Plug-in Hangs "

Yes, but it doesn't happen to EVERY IE user now does it? IE 9 is only used by 25% of the people who use IE by the way. IE users make up 32% of our daily traffic. Still the single most popular browser, but IE 8 is the most popular browser of the IE users.

If the problem happened to everyone, then I would get the error you and FDOG describe and show the screen shot for.

So the problem lies somewhere with a plugin (you are using) most likely. Yes?

I find no discussions of this problem with vBulletin itself, and find other who describe this issue for other websites including google.com itself to have issues with configuration or plugin. However, I will continue to research this.

Yes, but it doesn't happen to EVERY IE user now does it? IE 9 is only used by 25% of the people who use IE by the way. IE users make up 32% of our daily traffic. Still the single most popular browser, but IE 8 is the most popular browser of the IE users.

If the problem happened to everyone, then I would get the error you and FDOG describe and show the screen shot for.

So the problem lies somewhere with a plugin (you are using) most likely. Yes?

I find no discussions of this problem with vBulletin itself, and find other who describe this issue for other websites including google.com itself to have issues with configuration or plugin. However, I will continue to research this.

OK, I just disabled almost all of my plug ins.,.
We will see :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom