Internet Explorer 9 "Recover webpage" amazingly often

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fdog

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Somewhere in the last month, a change has ocoured that makes a page lock up (usually when posting a reply, but not always), and I have to recover the webpage, losing all the wonderful thoughts I had typed. This happens on three different computers running a plethora of versions of IE.

...and what's up with having to click "back" twice when I first visit the site? This issue disappears after I click "back" like a madman; then, reappears later when I come back to SB.

Just a reporter. No angst. Thanks for all your hard work.

All the best, James

James. There have been a few random IE issues with this and other vBulletin sites.

A few things to try to resolve IE problems.

1) Delete Old SB cookies and Cache
2) Use IE in Compatibility Mode - To do this... you click on the "compatibility mode" icon in the address bar on the right of the address... It looks like this ->
f080e77f-9b66-4ac8-9af0-803c4f8a859c_15.jpg

This may resolve the issues.

Otherwise, I'd suggest using Chrome Browser or Firefox. Personally, I use Chrome.

James. There have been a few random IE issues with this and other vBulletin sites.

A few things to try to resolve IE problems.

1) Delete Old SB cookies and Cache
2) Use IE in Compatibility Mode - To do this... you click on the "compatibility mode" icon in the address bar on the right of the address... It looks like this ->
f080e77f-9b66-4ac8-9af0-803c4f8a859c_15.jpg

This may resolve the issues.

Otherwise, I'd suggest using Chrome Browser or Firefox. Personally, I use Chrome.

Howard,
I have the same issue....running windows 7 on 64 bit PC...with newest IE browser.... Already tried compatibility mode..does not help the freeze ups...
While I do have Chrome... I "like" using IE. I think many SB users do....
Are we really going to have to completely change the way we like to browse the net?

Is there no new "fix" that can be applied to SB ?

Howard,
I have the same issue....running windows 7 on 64 bit PC...with newest IE browser.... Already tried compatibility mode..does not help the freeze ups...
While I do have Chrome... I "like" using IE. I think many SB users do....
Are we really going to have to completely change the way we like to browse the net?

Is there no new "fix" that can be applied to SB ?

No there is no new "fix"

I can't completely re-write the vBulletin code. Sorry. If they (vBulletin) acknowledge this as an issue, then it can be fixed in a future update. Which wouldn't be for several months.

I also don't even really know what this error is all about. I will have to use IE9 I guess on my Windows 7 64 bit machine to experience this... if it happens to me even.

I have to give a plus to chrome. I have used IE for years and a few months ago started having issues with slow loading, hanging up and so forth. I noticed every almost site was loading FB, Twitter and other such links. The problem is IE cannot handle the scripts that are running in the back ground. Mozilla can't either. I switched to Chrome. It took about 3 minutes, to download, and you would think I had a brand new computer again. Then I realized the only trouble I had was using the internet. IE just doesn't seem to be able to keep up with everything that is being added to browsers. I am not a computer geek, but I can find my way around pretty good. I never cared which browser I used, I just wanted my stuff to work when I used it. FWIW

Ok... So is there an actual ERROR message displayed? Or are you just saying that the page freezes up? Is this only when replying to a post? Is this a quick reply, or a quoted reply, or from "Go Advanced"

Does this happen when posting a new thread? Does this happen from IE 7, 8, and 9? The more information I have, the more able I am to dig deeper into this problem.

Ok... So is there an actual ERROR message displayed? Or are you just saying that the page freezes up? Is this only when replying to a post? Is this a quick reply, or a quoted reply, or from "Go Advanced"

Does this happen when posting a new thread? Does this happen from IE 7, 8, and 9? The more information I have, the more able I am to dig deeper into this problem.

I just downloaded Internet Explorer 9 on this computer (Win 7 64 Bit) and am replying to this post with IE9.

I will say that it took much longer than normal for it to actually post to the forum. I just waited until it posted. It did post however.

I will say that it took much longer than normal for it to actually post to the forum. I just waited until it posted. It did post however.

That was regular speed...

Replying with quote took longer.

I'm also in the Dominican Republic, and lots of stuff is slow.

I just downloaded Internet Explorer 9 on this computer (Win 7 64 Bit) and am replying to this post with IE9.
it is a real error message, asking if you want to "Recover" the web page... It happens to me 5 times out of 6, so I am about to copy this reply, so that if it freezes I won't have to type this again into Chrome :)....but this effort is to IE....and I have found if you DO NOT allow give permission to RECOVER the web page, and cancel the notification....just let the page sit there, after maybe 10 to 30 minutes it actually posts the message...maybe 70% of the time it can get through...Not fun though...

****this is actually going in to SB on chrome, because IE froze...I am leaving it, to see if it gets through in time....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom