Internet buying

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mulefeathers:
Not trying to hi-jack this thread but can you get the either the Tusa x-pert zoom or the new Oceanic V16 fins?

You should PM him with that, he is very fast at answering.

I had a semi-bad experience with a company called "ulimatdeals". They advertised a ATX-100 with an ATX-40 and a FXT 1st. with gauges. I did not study the photos closely enough. What I received was an TX-100 and TX-40 and metric gauges. I contacted the seller but received no reply. So if you deal with them study the pictures closely and ask lots of questions. If you don't get a reply then pass.

Yeah that sucks that you got scammed I wish people like that would get a life but they make easy money off of to trusting people.

I have a pair of used Zooms :wink: Unfortunatly the V16 comes out in early April, but I can take an advanced order now which I have done for others( we dont charge you until it ships) I have swam with the V16 though....and the V12 is the only one I have to sell besides Sherwood trek.... THe V12 is faster than the 16, and a looser easier kicking fin than both the 16 and zoom. The 16 and zoom are more rigid( my legs like it better) and between the two, I like the 16 better than my old zooms ;( always upgrading :D The kicks just felt better.....This is just my opinion though, I like stiffer fins and the V12s were really fast, but my legs like the longer, stronger, more powerful kicks....Let me know if you have more questions or want to preorder

Thanks for the kind words AMS.... :wink:

sorry you got scammed however there are some great internet business out there i would recommend visibility unlimited www.oceanrealm.com they are wonderful awesome customer service low shipping and great prices

re: scamming

A couple years ago I worked as an operator at a Relay company that provides phone service for the hearing impaired. More that half of the calls we handled when I worked there were routed through the internet from Lagos Nigeria. They were all credit card scam calls, with the caller calling random businesses and trying to make bulk orders of pretty much anything to get them shipped to Lagos. The callers struggled with English and showed no discrimination in what they were ordering. For example, they might start a call trying to order laptops but upon discovering they had called a clothing store they might try to order 200 pairs of jeans.

Personally, if I were trying to buy anything off the internet from an independant seller I would not follow through on anything if the seller was from Lagos. I know you said it was Portugal, but I'm skeptical. Be careful.

A vendor with a 99.xx% positive rating that goes through the floor in a matter of weeks may suggest that the account was hijacked...

Either way, thanks for the warning and hope you have the situation resolved (though I've been ripped through ebay/paypal before and IMO their buyer-protection programs are worthless at best and deceiving at worst).

If there are problems with transactions that are condicted through ebay and paypal they will get to the bottom of it; I have first hand experiance with that. PM me and I'll tell you everything, but trust me if you go through the proper channels it will be worked out for you.

I'm a little wary of buying over the net. Unless I can research there name and there locations. Then I'll feel better when I know there are X number of stores. I know I'm calling into this state etc.

I'd ask other divers if they ordered anything over the net and who they ordered from and their experiences. Thats the only way I'll order off the net. Buyers Beware.

Back
Top Bottom