Internet buying

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gazzagolf

New
Reaction score
# of dives
Just a quick warning to all making purchases online either direct or via Ebay. Myself and many others have paid money and received no goods from a Harrogate based dive company, they also have a sister company based in lagos (spelling?) in Portugal. I would advise giving them a very wide berth, dont thgink i can post name here but if anyone wants details if they are worried contact me seperately.

Why can't you post the name? If you were scammed, they deserve to have their name mentioned. If they want to defend themselves, they can join ScubaBoard and chime in. Many of the reputable online retailers as well as forward thinking manufacturers do just that.

Also, please complete your profile so we can all learn more about what part of the world you are located.

You may also want to introduce yourself in the Intro forum. If you make yourself more visible, your words of warning will have more credibility. After all, since you're new to ScubaBoard and this is your 1st post, how do you know you're not a competitor trying to damage the competition. It's happened before.

I have no probs with posting the name i have proof etc but most forums wont allow it so i thought i 'd better not but if its ok here goes.
DIVE-TIME IDC ARE THE OFFENDING COMPANY STAY AWAY!
In my humble opinion!
I live in Yorkshire UK.

Please help us understand what happened to make you want to warn other divers about this company? I'm pretty sure that the SB staff here in the site will allow you to speak your mind as long as you're able to support your claim; with factual information.

Ok i bought goods from this guy via ebay couldn't pay with paypal he said because they were having some problems although the ebay item said paypal prefered. Said i could send a cheque or give him my credit card details so i sent cheque. At this time his feedback rating was good 99% on 2225 so thought i was fine. This was done 29th Jan and i have not received anything he wont answer my emails either via ebay or direct to his shop in Harrogate i have even emaild the sister company in Portugal! His feedback rating has gone through the floor since 29 negatives in the last month! I have contacted many of them most have not received anything but money has gone. He says mine is in post and gave tracking number but post office seem unable to track it so i guess i've lost my money! not much only about 30 quid but even so its my 30 quid lol some have lost over 100 tho. so i was using forum to a rant and feel better and b warn others to steer clear. Hopefully i can cost him more than my 30 in lost business and feel better too.

Thanks for the warning and the details. Sorry to hear about your problems. At least it's not a significant amount of money, but certainly frustrating none the less.

I hate hearing stories like that.....This gives all of us a bad name, I do recommend being very careful buying from Ebay...Some have great experiences, but there is always someone trying to scam people. Let me know what you bought and I will see if I cant somehow help you out :wink:

MichiganDiver:
What is this guy's ebay name?

I just went to ebay and did a member search. Name used to be dive-time-idc

now it is "fkjsfkjengfkedngbkjdngfbj" really that is what the id said located in Harrogate, United Kingdom.

But he is not offering anything for sale right now.

Dive Right In Scuba:
I hate hearing stories like that.....This gives all of us a bad name, I do recommend being very careful buying from Ebay...Some have great experiences, but there is always someone trying to scam people. Let me know what you bought and I will see if I cant somehow help you out :wink:

Not trying to hi-jack this thread but can you get the either the Tusa x-pert zoom or the new Oceanic V16 fins?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom