Internacional lowered Covid test price

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cvchief

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
The price is down for Covid testing at International Hospital and they validate parking.
upload_2021-9-22_17-26-37.jpeg

The PCR test is going to be tough if the pre-flight testing window goes from three days to one day in November, as the US has indicated.

A lucrative business I'd bet. The competition is nice.

The PCR test is going to be tough if the pre-flight testing window goes from three days to one day in November, as the US has indicated.
Only if you are not vaccinated.

Only if you are not vaccinated.

You're determined to debate the merits of vaccination, aren't you? What I said stands - it would be hard to get a PCR test within 1 day of flight and be sure of getting the results in time.

You're determined to debate the merits of vaccination, aren't you? What I said stands - it would be hard to get a PCR test within 1 day of flight and be sure of getting the results in time.
Isn't an antigen test sufficient for reentry?

Isn't an antigen test sufficient for reentry?

It is but some people preferred the PCR for greater accuracy of the test. I guess they will have to take their PCR test the day before flight and be prepared to get a rapid test on the way to the airport if the results are not back in time.

It is going to be a bit more expensive for the no vax folks. If this quote from a story in Reuter's is correct the proof of a pre-purchased test upon arrival, prior to boarding is going to be tricky. The for profit test company operating out of DFW runs about $80 for a simple rapid antigen test.
I don't think 'I plan to visit a free test site tomorrow' will be acceptable prior to boarding. To pre-purchase a test and have a receipt likely means a for profit testing service. The vaccination proof will also be interesting, not sure if they will allow copies of vax cards or require originals.

"Americans traveling from abroad who are not vaccinated will face tougher rules than vaccinated citizens, including needing to show proof of a negative COVID-19 test within a day of travel and proof of purchasing a viral test to be taken after arrival."

It is but some people preferred the PCR for greater accuracy of the test. I guess they will have to take their PCR test the day before flight and be prepared to get a rapid test on the way to the airport if the results are not back in time.
Currently the test requirement window is by calendar day, not a 24 hour clock. A test three days prior in the AM is still OK for an afternoon / evening flight, this will likely be the same for the 1 day prior requirement

Unless they are vaccinated, which is preferable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom