Intermediate pressure drift or creep?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Excellent post by my friend @halocline But before you start tearing into the main body of the regulator at least try this one little thing. Mark the seat carrier and regulator body so you can match them up perfectly when reinstalling. Remove the seat and carrier as a unit (don't remove the seat from the carrier) and clean both the piston knife edge and the surface of the seat. Not with a Q-tip as they leave fibers-something like eyeglass gleaners and alcohol. Under good lighting and magnification ensure no fluff or any visible defects are on either the hard or soft seat. Reassemble and try again. This will only take a few minutes and a few psi and may save you a lot of effort.

Edited for (an attempt at) clarity.

I'm fairly sure it's a MK10 and not a MK10 Plus. I've got three now and took the caps off and the seat and carriers look the same.

I'm still waiting on tools and rebuild kits before I go much further.

Back
Top Bottom