Intermediate Pressure, Apeks v. Auqualung

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cerich;
Not to go off topic but is this why my Mares Axis Pro octopus would freeflow attached to my Apeks ATX50 reg before I replaced it with another ATX50 octopus?

-Mike

macado:
cerich;
Not to go off topic but is this why my Mares Axis Pro octopus would freeflow attached to my Apeks ATX50 reg before I replaced it with another ATX50 octopus?

-Mike

It depends on how the cracking pressure of the second stage was set.. The "over" pressure of the apeks regs doesnt really increase that much.., if you are setting up a second stage thats not balanced, all you have to do is initially swet the ip of the first stage a bit higher than you plan to use, then adjust the regs cracking pressure to work with this pressure, now back off the pressure on the 1st to where you are going to use it.. you really wount notice a diffeerence in the breathing effort but it should prevent leaks..

Back
Top Bottom