Interjet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

flyboy08

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
JFK to either COZ/CUN.....anyone use them? I've not heard of them.....mixed reviews on the web....

We've decided to hit COZ sept 21-30th sept.....looking at airfares. May do the bag drag so we can be one part of the elite frat:)

Will book the Occidental for the third time....love their waterfront lunch!

I'm thinking you are talking about Interjet? I haven't flown with them....yet, but seriously considered the CUN/YVR flight this past July. They are a low cost carrier similar in model to airlines like Allegiant and Spirit where your ticket basically gets you on the plane. You will pay extra for baggage and an advanced seat assignment. Where they are a bit different is they include free snacks and beer/wine/tequila and they have reduced the number of overall seats on the plane so you have 34 inches of pitch instead of the usual 30-31 inches of most airlines. Prices seem really reasonable, but you have to temper your expectations as you can feel nickel and dimed and if there are delays/cancellations, you are at their mercy as I can't imagine they'd put you on another airline as they don't have partners. I'd expect sometime I'll fly on them to YVR as it's a direct flight from CUN and really cheap even when I add in baggage and seat assignments. Too bad they don't have flights to YVR from CZM, then it would be a slam dunk!

Thanks...spell check attacked again:wink:

I'll most likely go with a better known common carrier...I don't do Spirit and the like....JetBlue, Delta or American are my go to....RT to CUN is ridiculously cheap! The 9:05am from JFK on Delta is already sold out on the 21st!

Only a Mod can change titles, so I asked them to do so on your thread.

RT to CUN is ridiculously cheap! The 9:05am from JFK on Delta is already sold out on the 21st!
It seems to be available, but not at the cheap fares. So book the American 9am flight non-stop to CUN for $178 inclusive. You can often book one-ways with different airlines as cheap as a round-trip with the same carrier.

Capture.JPG

Just flew wth Interjet from JFK to CUN for a wedding in July. Chose them because of the cheap fares. It was a normal flight, they did take super long to unload the bags from the plane, so we had to wait by baggage claim for about 45 minutes.

So book the American 9am flight non-stop to CUN for $178 inclusive. You can often book one-ways with different airlines as cheap as a round-trip with the same carrier.
It looks like American is cheaper than Interjet for Septebmer 21.

Booked AA RT for $359 JFK-CLT- COZ! Really wanted to try the bag drag, but for the price it didn't make any sense! Got another smokin deal at the Grand Occidental! I love this place, but will hit town for a few dinners!

ProDive makes it hard to try another operator as they quoted me $686 for 20 dives with free Nitrox! I want to try Aldora and Three P's and will at least do a day dive with each....

And I actually bought trip ins Cnx/interruption for $138.00 (7 Corners) since it's hurricane season...no doubt this will be wasted money, but sleeper insurance nonetheless.

Add me and the misses to the ROLL CALL ! Sept 22-30th!

JFK to either COZ/CUN.....anyone use them? I've not heard of them.....mixed reviews on the web....

We've decided to hit COZ sept 21-30th sept.....looking at airfares. May do the bag drag so we can be one part of the elite frat:)

Will book the Occidental for the third time....love their waterfront lunch!
Great airline, I use them exclusively within Mexico and am excited to see more routes opening up between Mexico and US. Unlike most US Carriers, they don’t nickel and dime you on board - lots of leg room, free snacks and drinks - another really cool feature they have is a take off camera - so there is a camera in the cock-pit and they project it onto the in seat tv monitors so you can see the take off from the pilots view - very reasonable fares, change policies, and luggage fees

! Really wanted to try the bag drag
Why would anyone want to do that? It happens often enough when you miss your connection to Cozumel, can't get seats into Coz, etc.

I actually bought trip ins
I always do trip insurance when leaving the country mostly for medical coverage and emergency return possibilities, and nag my daughter to do the same for her family. It really paid when my granddaughter lost her passport in China. You never want a claim, but if you get sick or hurt, good to have. I've also used it when I got stuck in Roatan on 9-11-01, and the time I should have canceled for Hurricane Dead, but at least go away after a few dives.

Add me and the misses to the ROLL CALL ! Sept 22-30th!
Different thread.

Thanks Christi! The only issue that a member hit upon earlier is if they have a mechanical they probably dont have the fleet to pull another aircraft from nor the relationship to book on other carriers.

I almost booked them for the return...because I dont care if I get stuck upon a return:) but in the end, we're booked into COZ.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom