Interesting fun or unique dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We do OW class training dives there....that 95 degree water sure beats 54 degrees at Seabase in January! :) By the way... Bonneville Seabase is at least "interesting", but I don't know if it's worth a drive from Montana. :) Bonneville Seabase
Showing its closed to diving?

Showing its closed to diving?
I think it was just over the winter (2022-2023) because they were reducing staffing and we are in a drought......or at least we were in a drought. We have been allowed to train classes there over the closure period, but they should have resumed normal ops for the summer. Or maybe will soon? I have sent a text out to our instructor group for an answer and will let you know.

I think it was just over the winter (2022-2023) because they were reducing staffing and we are in a drought......or at least we were in a drought. We have been allowed to train classes there over the closure period, but they should have resumed normal ops for the summer. Or maybe will soon? I have sent a text out to our instructor group for an answer and will let you know.
Just got word that Seabase is still closed to SCUBA diving to the public and is only open to instructors with classes until further notice. Rumor is the owners are stepping back a bit to enjoy their retirement years. Could change, but that's the scoop for now! In the meantime, if you like raves, they do that on the property too. LOL!

B-29 dive in Lake Mead Nv.

It's not currently available but perhaps will be again in the future if the NPS renews the permit.

Caveats: at the edge of rec depth (or deeper depending on lake levels) and very expensive.

In Southern California, the oil rigs off Huntington Beach are an unusual advanced dive. Generally good to great visibility, and offer easy scallop hunting.

Wreck of the Maderia. Shore dive next to Split Rock Lighthouse on Lake Superior. Great visibility, great detail visible on wreck due to cold water environment (little deterioration, plant life, sediment, no coral). You may luck out and see lake trout.

Aquaria are unique? There are aquaria all over north america...

You might want to add Crater Lake in Oregon. Its major work to get there however.

Aquaria are unique? There are aquaria all over north america...

You might want to add Crater Lake in Oregon. Its major work to get there however.
From my understanding you cannot dive at Crater Lake any more?

From my understanding you cannot dive at Crater Lake any more?
I thought they had a permit system in place now with an invasive species inspection? But it's not my bag so best to check with the NPS there.

Interesting
Fun
&
Unique

IMG_3963.jpeg
IMG_3992.jpeg
IMG_4111.jpeg

The Hot Hole in Lake Keowee, SC. Lots of fun but it is a workout. Book thru Lake Jocassee Dive Shop. Only accessible by boat but it is only $50.00 for a two tank dive trip with tanks or air fills included.

Back
Top Bottom