Interesting fun or unique dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How can I pin a list and or edit my OP so I can add places as they are said?

I would suggest a Google document/spreadsheet similar to what I have done for dive shops. It was indicated to me by @MMM that to pin something (which I still don't really understand), 2 conditions must be met but more importantly, pinned threads are locked so changes to a list can't be done. A Google spreadsheet can be changed in real time by you or by anyone, if you, the creator of the document, allow access to it.

Anacapa Island landing cove. Take Island Packers over, dive off the dock.
Lake Tahoe, but watch the altitude tables.
Fox Island in Alaska--take the water taxi from Seward, camp on the beach.
What is it about Lake Tahoe? cool plane in it or big boat or?

Meg tooth hunting off Venice Beach, Florida was a blast. I didn't really have an interest, and just went along with my husband to make him happy and ended up having a blast. They drop you in about 30' of water with about 5' of viz and you sift through the rubble on the bottom (avoiding rock fish and sea robins) and try to find shark teeth. Each dive ends up being about 2 hours long, and you do three a day. We went out with Aqua Nutz. Lots and lots of fun!

Dutch Springs in PA Update (1/2022): The future of Dutch Springs is currently up in the air after the site was sold. While it may reopen in the future for scuba diving, the aqua park is unlikely to return.
Homestead Crater.
Dutch Springs is now Lake Hydra, is supposed to open Summer of 2023, and will require all divers to be with a DM or Instructor.

Another for the list:
U.S. Space & Rocket Center (NASA), Huntsville, AL - Underwater Astronaut Training

Meg tooth hunting off Venice Beach, Florida was a blast. I didn't really have an interest, and just went along with my husband to make him happy and ended up having a blast. They drop you in about 30' of water with about 5' of viz and you sift through the rubble on the bottom (avoiding rock fish and sea robins) and try to find shark teeth. Each dive ends up being about 2 hours long, and you do three a day. We went out with Aqua Nutz. Lots and lots of fun!
That's a dive I'd really like to do.

What is it about Lake Tahoe? cool plane in it or big boat or?
The state of California recently created a scuba trail on Lake Tahoe that connects various wreck and historic features on the Lake. On my bucket list. tahoe, like Alaska, is a novel dive experiience for many. I also understand there is now a charter operator that takes divers out on the lake. Just need to watch the altitude.

Hows that work if you are a dm/instructor do you get to solo dive it?
Sorry, I don't know any more about it. The verbiage on their website seems to emphasize training, so not sure if DMs/Instructors will be able to just show up for fun dives, or if they'll have to bring students also.

The state of California recently created a scuba trail on Lake Tahoe that connects various wreck and historic features on the Lake. On my bucket list. tahoe, like Alaska, is a novel dive experiience for many. I also understand there is now a charter operator that takes divers out on the lake. Just need to watch the altitude.
Well I think that makes the list!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom