Interested in Easier RI Wreck Dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good Evening!

I recently purchased a 26’ Sea Ray (I know, I know, it’s not a dive boat) and wanted to start diving some of the wrecks with my new method of ocean access! She’s docked in Watch Hill, RI and I’ve been looking for good wrecks to explore. I saw an old ScubaBoard post of a Charlestown, RI aircraft dive? The Hellcat? Any new info on this wreck?? Coordinates? Anyone interested in going out with us??

I also found this site, Hunting New England Shipwrecks Anybody have any recent info on the wrecks around my location, like the Onondaga? Are any of the wrecks listed on this site worth our time or all broken up? Just looking to gain some knowledge from anybody who knows more! -Thanks!

Unfortunately easy, wrecks and RI don't go together. There is the Lou Ellen Holland on Seal Ledge Newport that's a debris field. I've got a nice bronze step from a gangway off the Lou Ellen Holland, cemented into the sidewalk at my home. There's an old British wreck off Butter Ball Newport another debris field. Also there are old wrecks from colony days off Fort Getty. Fire Island NY not far from the Daga, has a wreck in 20FSW can't remember the name. There's a big boiler that is easy to find. There's the tugboat in Tiverton but that's a haul from Westerly.
There's more but that's all I can recall for "easy". If you are interested in other dive site besides wrecks I can help you there too. Been diving RI/MA since 1968.

Back
Top Bottom