Intensive (great) Macro for 2-3 days?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For years I have usually stayed at Tauch Terminal in Tulamben and hired private guide Ajiex Dharma (IMO one of the best guide for serious photographers).
My non diving wife enjoys TTT, she finds this is probably the best/most confortable hotel in the central Tulamben area (ie. excluding Villa Markisa or Seraya which are out of the Village), beautiful garden, all the rooms are facing the beach, 2 small pools + nice restaurant.

Some extremely good spotters work at Liberty dive resort (Wayan Jhon or Gede Ardha) where you'll have them for yourself while the resort bungalows and the grounds prove to be comfy enough.

Ocean view is a nice hotel too, on the beach, 50m walking distance from of the Liberty Wreck.

Except for Liberty Dive Resort which is normally their main asset, you don't have to use the dive services of teh resort your're located in : there are a number of diveshops you may contact on the net and who provide excellent spotters such as letsdivetulamben (Yansu Suartana or Ketut Agus) or Oceanus Tulamben (Made Pasek and Ketut tisnu).

I tried Toyabali but was not practical for me carrying a big camera. I don't think my non diving wife would like to be staying at Matahari, very poor grounds.
How are the house reef dives at TTT vs Markisa? Are the 8 site at TTT enough for a few days? Of course the rates are much more economical there than at Markisa. (About 50% less)

I wouldn't recommend diving with their own TTT dive centre, that's why I suggested contacting Ajiex via FB or Insta (or any other free lancer). He will arrange a car a any time you want (preferably not early morning he hates waking up early...) , Nx tanks and so on, hence it's not an issue with resp. housereefs.
I'd suggest in 2 or 3 days you dive :
- around the Liberty and its slope, maybe some other site in T'ben bay such as Coral garden
- Sites south or T'ben (near to V.Markisa and Seraya secrets) such as Melasti, Kuanji, Sidem (night dives can be spectacular on this one) and Seraya
- at least one site north of T'ben : Gerombong which has been one of the "hottest" for years. (Rhinopias, Cyerce Kikutarobabai, Algae shrimps and nudis)

I wouldn't recommend diving with their own TTT dive centre, that's why I suggested contacting Ajiex via FB or Insta (or any other free lancer). He will arrange a car a any time you want (preferably not early morning he hates waking up early...) , Nx tanks and so on, hence it's not an issue with resp. housereefs.
I'd suggest in 2 or 3 days you dive :
- around the Liberty and its slope, maybe some other site in T'ben bay such as Coral garden
- Sites south or T'ben (near to V.Markisa and Seraya secrets) such as Melasti, Kuanji, Sidem (night dives can be spectacular on this one) and Seraya
- at least one site north of T'ben : Gerombong which has been one of the "hottest" for years. (Rhinopias, Cyerce Kikutarobabai, Algae shrimps and nudis)
thanks so much!

My 2 cents: during this pandemic times I would just stay in one country and not go through all the hoops to get to Bali only for a few days …
We’ve only been to Malapascua (found it fantastic) and Bohol (good), so can’t comment on where to go beyond that, but Tubbataha, Anilao and Subic bay is on my list of places to visit.

We’ve only been to Malapascua (found it fantastic) and Bohol (good), so can’t comment on where to go beyond that, but Tubbataha, Anilao and Subic bay is on my list of places to visit.
The wrecks in Coron are far more interesting than those in Subic.
You should add Southern Leyte to your list.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom