integrated vs belt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
hello everyone,

i am somewhat new to diving and have been hearing different oppinions on the weight issue. currently i use a aqua lung malibu bc (which is integrated) but i see alot of people using weight belts. is there an advantage? is it a cost issue? for me to go under, i use about 32-34 pounds. now that may seem like alot but i am 6'5, 350+ and i wear a 7 mil suit. i can just squeeze 34 lbs into my vest. i can't imagine having to wear 34 lbs on a belt. any feedback( except for fat jokes) is welcome.

tom

Depending on where I'm diving, I divide my weights between a weight belt and my BC. In the cool California waters, I put 10 pounds on my belt and the rest in my BC. Then, if I have to ditch weights, I drop the belt first. In warmer waters, I do put all the weights in my BC.

Margaret

jeepgod

I've a Seaquest pro QD+ but still use a weightbelt. I just have less on the weightbelt than I used to. I'm still playing around with the split to get the optimum attitude in the water i.e horizontal. With all my weight in my weightbelt I used to be too head up/feet down. If I put all the weight in the BC I'm too head down/feet up. I haven't quite cracked it yet but some more practice soon will do the trick.

Regards

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom