Insurance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That is not correct.
You are correct. I assumed OSHA (Federal) was similar to WISHA (Washington State) and while they enforce the same regulations WISHA is also involved in the insurance end of things.

The problem is that OSHA requires ALL diving jobs for hire to be a three man dove team. So, unless all three divers are owners, you’re screwed in several ways.
OSHA can't require someone who is not subject to OSHA to follow OSHA's regs. Individuals doing business are not required to be under OSHA for work they themselves perform.

OSHA can't require someone who is not subject to OSHA to follow OSHA's regs. Individuals doing business are not required to be under OSHA for work they themselves perform.
Tell that to me 15 years ago when OSHA came and fined me for not running a 3 man dive team putting in flow meters for the paper mill in Georgia.

I am not sure what type of work you are doing, but, if you are working for a legitimate company, no one in the marine business will hire you without insurance. In Florida, there is a employee leasing work around, where you "lease" your employees, and the leasing company carries the insurance, and charges you a percentage of your payroll.

Tell that to me 15 years ago when OSHA came and fined me for not running a 3 man dive team putting in flow meters for the paper mill in Georgia.

If you asked to be covered under whatever L&I insurance you have where you live, then OSHA has control over you. If not, not

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom